NJ BK n/a on lines not needed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NJ BK n/a on lines not needed?

ive read the NJ site about the bk forums needed and it says all blank lines must be filled with a n/a or none...

should i really put a N/A on every single line i dont need? there are alot of them
    Filed Chapter 7 on 10/26/2010, Meeting 341 on: 1/19/2011 PLEASE DONT DISMISS ME!!!!!

If that is what the instructions say, that's how I'd do it. Better safe than sorry, even if it takes a little extra time to put N/A on every blank line.
    Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

ya thats what i am thinking but it will look extremely sloppy i think... im just going to put n/a on all blank lines
      Filed Chapter 7 on 10/26/2010, Meeting 341 on: 1/19/2011 PLEASE DONT DISMISS ME!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by greg2169 View Post
        ya thats what i am thinking but it will look extremely sloppy i think... im just going to put n/a on all blank lines
        greg...please it's new jersey...we left there to file in another state just to make our lives easier. of course we had to wait to file. dot ever i and cross every t.....do exactly what it says.
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

done deal thanks put N/a on every empty line lol looks sloopy but good to go with the immediate file ;)

Comment

can you tell me what your source is on the n/a requirement in NJ? thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by njbk7 View Post
              can you tell me what your source is on the n/a requirement in NJ? thanks!
              According to the NOLO book on "How to File Chapter 7 Bankruptcy", if there isn't a "none" box next to the question, you should put N/A on the blank line for a question that does not apply to you so the trustee will know that you did not overlook it.

It goes on to say that some questions may have many parts and none of them will apply. If this happens, put N/A only on the first line if it is obvious that the subsequent lines will not apply to you. If it is not obvious, put N/A on every line.

Not sure what the other source of info is/was or if it supersedes the advice given in NOLO. Just thought I'd share what I had and throw my carrot in the stew.
              There are two secrets for success in life:
              1.) Never tell everything you know.

Comment

The information was found here, as stated by the OP, on the NJ Bankruptcy Court's website in the Chapter 7 Pro Se Resource Guide's FAQ's: http://www.njb.uscourts.gov/file_wo_...urce_Guide.htm

"ALL BLANK SPACES AND LINES ON EACH FORM must be completed. Some forms (Schedules E, F, G, and H, and the Statement of Financial Affairs) contain boxes to indicate that the debtor has nothing to report or a question does not apply. On all other forms, a debtor should either insert “N/A” or “None” in response to any question or request for information that is not applicable or should cross out a printed statement that does not apply and initial the cross-out."
                Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

It's the same concept as the blank page in the middle of the forms, or some other document that states: THIS PAGE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK.

Like, DUH! I thought I was intelligent enough to have figured out that the entire thought was ended with the last period at the end of the last sentence of the last paragraph on the preceding page.

Okay, there is my stalk of celery for the stew.
                  "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X