top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How soon does discharge generally show on credit reports?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How soon does discharge generally show on credit reports?

This is a general question that probably has a general answer. My search doesn't produce any guesstimates.

Anyone know about how long it usually takes before a discharge is posted to a credit report?

Thanks.
    11/2008 - Filed Chapter 13
    02/2010 - Chapter 13 dismissed
    08/2010 - Filed Chapter 7 pro se in new district
    09/2010 - Chapter 7 341

Originally posted by empowered View Post
    This is a general question that probably has a general answer. My search doesn't produce any guesstimates.

Anyone know about how long it usually takes before a discharge is posted to a credit report?

Thanks.
    i would say 2-4 weeks
    Filed chapter 7 on 9/17 341 on 10/20
    Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution on 10/21
    Discharged and Case Closed on 12/21/2010

Comment

Ditto....next monthly upload....or too damn soon!

Comment

Oh, I thought it was a good thing to have the discharge show up on the credit report. It's a bad thing? I would have thought that the bankruptcy filing was already there anyway. But even if my Chapter 7 filing is not there, my Chapter 13 certainly is and I think it includes notes that I stopped paying on the payment plan too. Seems like the discharge would be an improvement, though I'm not sure whether the Chapter 13 notations should be dropped from my report after the discharge comes through or what.

Anyway, thanks for the information. That's reasonably quick. I'm just trying to figure out when I should have a look at my newly adjusted credit score. Though it's not considered a good idea to apply for a car loan immediately, I may need to see if I can qualify for a used AWD vehicle to get me through the winter and it's already going to be mid-November before I get my discharge.
        11/2008 - Filed Chapter 13
        02/2010 - Chapter 13 dismissed
        08/2010 - Filed Chapter 7 pro se in new district
        09/2010 - Chapter 7 341

Comment

Hi empowered,

though I'm not sure whether the Chapter 13 notations should be dropped from my report after the discharge comes through or what.

Standard operating procedure is to leave it in there. After your discharge you should pull your credit reports and start cleaning them up.

Make sure all accts are "included in BK" and have 0 balances. Argue for removing negative notations (charged off, closed by grantor) on accts that were discharged. Argue with them to remove the Ch13 notation b/c it was dismissed then replaced with the Ch 7

When dealing the credit reporting agencies remember that the standard first response is NO, but be persistent and use letters. If you become enough of a pain-in-the-posterior, they will make changes just to get rid of you.

Lots of auto lenders will loan to foks just out of BK, trick is to watch out for the interest rate. Shop around, find the best int. rate before you get on the auto lot.

Good luck,

Tom in Colo
          Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X