top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was your credit score once your Ch 7 was done?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What was your credit score once your Ch 7 was done?

What was your final score, and how long has it taken you to recover.

Please post the following if you remember or know it:

Credit score after:

1.Right after discharge/closure
    2. 6 months later
    3. 1 year later
    4. 18+ months later

This should be interesting...I am curious to see if it's really "that bad"
    Greater than 700
    33.33%
    Between 700 and 650
    16.67%
    Between 650 and 550
    41.67%
    Between 550 and 450
    8.33%
    Lower than 450
    0.00%
    Ch7 no asset Filed 11/23 341 12/21 discharged: 2/22/11 I am soooo totally not a lawyer, but i wish i had married one! Does that count for anything?

we are only just over 2 months discharged and the scores are 690 ans 685...we were in the 800's b4 filing.
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

We are now 3 months post Ch7 discharge:

Right around 550 on all 3 just after discharge.

Right around 640 on all 3 at this time.

Keep in mind those scores are all FAKO's from each of the big 3. We really don't know what the Fico's are but I suspect somewhere between 550-600.

When alot of people post there score's they don't indicate wether they went thru Fico to get them or went thru each of the 3 credit bureau's. It is very misleading as the FAKO scores are usually much higher and are not an accurate assessment of what your credit worthyness is.

Comment

I can tell you that pre filing we were mid 700's, post-filing (aka right now) we are in the 650-670 range. Didn't get much of a drop, but that's also because we made sure to file before we had derogatory information such as lates, charge offs, etc.
        Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
        AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

I know 3 people 2 years after discharge that had scores of about 620. However, they all have credit cards again. They may have max credit cards again. hmmm
          Get copy of Bankruptcy Records

Comment

Our Credit Score was 820 (higher than Clark Howard) as we always paid ahead into a credit balance and we had never closed accounts. We had paid off many mortgages and had not bounced a check in 45 years (many in the first bk year).

I once was proud, but it does not matter now. What is credit but loaning your soul to another person or entity?

I have NO idea of what it is today as I refuse to use credit and do not perceive in using it again. Perhaps a car, maybe, but if I can't get it, they won't sell it. I then don't need it.

As I saw in Flamingo's sig "a credit card is a snake on your pocket". I say credit is the snake. Gawd sakes what got us all here???

No, I don't know and I don't care to "rebuild" the force that imprisoned me.

That's my take on this and we are doing well with frugal living. In fact, doing better when we had big money. Happier in any case. 'Hub
            If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

well, in my case, i feel like while it sucks, you will still need some kind of credit one day if you want another house. In some cases, people are happy renting til they die...I am not. In addition, buying a car outright is nice, but it might not always be possible if your beater breaks down and you shy some cash due to health problems, etc.

While i would love to say "credit doesn't matter anymore", the reality is it does. I plan to work to rebuild mine over the 5 years following. In reading around here, it seems very possible and even probable as long as everything else gets paid on time and you gradually work your way back up.
              Ch7 no asset Filed 11/23 341 12/21 discharged: 2/22/11 I am soooo totally not a lawyer, but i wish i had married one! Does that count for anything?

Comment

We were in the 820's before filing and as of today 688-703. Discharged yesterday and showing on credit report

Comment

I didn't know what my credit score before filing and now one week after discharge I don't know what my score either. It's time to clean it up.
                  Filed chapter 7 Jul 13, 2010 341 hearing Aug 12, 2010 Trustee's report of no distribution Aug 20, 2010 Discharged Oct 13, 2010 Closed Oct 28, 2010.

Comment

Checked my score 4 days after final day for objections and it came back 705. I started Bk at 680.

The final BK was not listed in public records yet however all my accounts were listed IIB and 0 balance.

ST
                    Filed 7 - 7/8/10, 341 - 8/17/10 - Continued, Presumption of Abuse Filed - 8/27/10
                    Report of No Distribution 9/27/10. Discharged 2/7/11 Closed 02/25/1
                    10/12 EXP. 681

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X