Ch.7 and Foreclosure.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ch.7 and Foreclosure.......

Ok so we filed Bky and were discharged in Jan 30 10. Now today we get a letter from the mortgage company about Judgement of Foreclosure and Sale. It states that we may have to pay for the auction?? What do people have to pay when they File Ch.7? Taxes? Lawyer fees for the bank? Or do we not have to worry???!?!?!

They are giving you a ration. You did not reaffirm I assume. You listed intent on walking away. They are scamming you. It will not work. You are free of that debt. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Hi jrmaso2,

The are either scamming you or my brother Eds law applies: never attribute to malice things that are easily explained by incompetence

Whichever, don't pay a single cent!

Tom in Colo
      Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

As long as you didn't affirm, you can't be held personally liable for any deficiency created in the foreclosure process.
        There are two secrets for success in life:
        1.) Never tell everything you know.

Comment

Originally posted by jrmaso2 View Post
          Ok so we filed Bky and were discharged in Jan 30 10. Now today we get a letter from the mortgage company about Judgement of Foreclosure and Sale. It states that we may have to pay for the auction?? What do people have to pay when they File Ch.7? Taxes? Lawyer fees for the bank? Or do we not have to worry???!?!?!
          we are all assuming you didn't reaffirm...you know what they say about assuming....jrmaso...you didn't reaffirm did you??? are you still living in the house...or did you surrender it???

if you didn't reaffirm and or you surrendered...you are fine and although they may attempt to bill you in a deficiency state.
          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

No We moved out and left it before discharge even. We did not reaffirm It was so upside down there was no point it was a townhome with 250k mort. now it appraises at like 120k....

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X