Not finding an account on Credit reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not finding an account on Credit reports

I am not seeing one of my Citibank accounts on my credit reports. My official discharge date should be Monday, November 1st. (fingers crossed)
    This account was on my September credit report, but not showing up now. Is it me, or is this weird? Should I be worried about anything?

One of my accounts at Cap 1 is also not showing up. Did you get a report from all 3 credit reporting agencies or just one? Sometimes an account does not show up on Experian for example but shows up on the other 2.
    Pre filling credit score: Trans 554, Expe 555, Equi 511
    5 days after discharge Trans 598, Expe 569, Equi 598
    4 mo after discharge Trans 691, Expe 678, Equi 703

Comment

Hi kamchen, Hi jo,

Never underestimate what credit bureaus can screw up.....yeah, check all three, they often don't agree w/ each other. If it is in your favor, ask the creditor to report it. (Usually you have to send a request in writing.) If it is not favorable, don't mention it.

And while you are at it, clean up anything you can; get negative notations removed and IIB (included in BK) or 'discharged in ch 7' in place. BK accts should also have a zero for balance. Its a pain, but if you need your credit score it can be worth the effort.

Tom in Colo
      Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

Often, creditors will stop reporting while the automatic stay is on. Wait until after your discharge and then see if the account is there. If you want it on your reports for aging reasons, then you can try to dispute it back on, but it is very difficult to get a trade line to re-report once it is off your reports. If you do not want the trade line on your reports (and it shows back up) then dispute it along with all of your other disputes post discharge. Of course ymmv. Credit bureaus are very arbitrary in how they report bk'ed accounts and you may have to dispute your accounts multiple times.
        You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X