Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

retained a lawyer

hi
    retained a lawyer last week after not paying my cc for about 5 months, i am just so relieved that i finally got things started,i gave a partial payment of 500.00 to my attorney.brought in all my papers,and it is amazing how quickly the phone calls stopped, from getting 12 to 15 calls a day to not even a one. aah peace and quiet again at the homestead.
    well that's it for now
    just an update from Boston
    starman59

that great news starman!! hope you are on your way to a better future! keep us posted!!
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Enjoy your peace of mind up there in my home state! Isn't it a wonderful thing to answer the phone again?
      DH laid off 3/08 | Last mortgage payment 12/09 | Filed Ch13 5/10 | Converted to Ch7 7/10 | 341 held 8/10 | AP filed by secured creditor 10/10 | Ch7 discharged & closed 11/10 | Foreclosure 10/2011

Comment

Congrats to you!

Silence is golden. We were getting over 50 calls a day on the home line, and about 30 on the business line. The first day they stopped I had to keep checking to see if the lines were still working!
        -----------------
        Filed Ch 7 9/29/10
        341 Scheduled 11/8/10

Comment

The silent phone is great, isn't it? Furthermore, I remember the first time I told the bank that I had retained an attorney. I hadn't filed yet or anything - but suddenly the tone of the phone call was completely different. The woman who had called to harrass me into paying suddenly was warm and friendly and understanding... go figure?
          App for debt consol loan from WF who held 100% of my unscrd debt - DENIED.
          Went to LSS for CC - couldn't put together a plan that my creditors would accept.
          Final alternative? Bankruptcy... Filed Ch 7 (over the median) 7/28/20, 341 Meeting 8/27/10. Awaiting Discharge...

Comment

Originally posted by starman59 View Post
            hi
            retained a lawyer last week after not paying my cc for about 5 months, i am just so relieved that i finally got things started,i gave a partial payment of 500.00 to my attorney.brought in all my papers,and it is amazing how quickly the phone calls stopped, from getting 12 to 15 calls a day to not even a one. aah peace and quiet again at the homestead.
            well that's it for now
            starman59
            I use to live in somerville
            Filed chapter 7 on 9/17 341 on 10/20
            Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution on 10/21
            Discharged and Case Closed on 12/21/2010

Comment

Originally posted by starman59 View Post
              hi
              well that's it for now
              starman59
              Awesome! Just two weeks ago, I, too, got my attorney, and I am so damn thankful that I did it the second I decided BK was the route to go (I can only imagine, for example, how it has felt to not pay CCs for five months and get those calls; you're a much stronger person than I am!). I am dreading that first phone call to come through. Some of the pointers here are great in terms of google voice and what not, and I will most likely be looking into that. Nevertheless, it does make me feel somewhat better knowing I have an attorney. While it has not taken away all of my nerves, it helps knowing that anytime I want to call or e-mail, he is there, and I get a response.

I am truly sincerely happy for you, and as I have said in other threads, I hope daily that when they can eventually file for me (late January/early February) that I will feel even better and just go from there.

ANYWAY, keep us all posted (as I'm sure you will). I find myself living through others here when I get off of work every night, and some of the posts, such as yours, make me feel good for a second or two and show me there is a light at the end of this tunnel, a light that for me is not yet there, but it's good to know others are in the tunnel with me ,just further ahead.
              Decided on Chapter 7: October 13, 2010; Retained Attorney: October 20, 2010; Filed Chapter 7: February 4, 2011; 341 Meeting: March 23, 2011; Discharged: May 24, 2011

Comment

Enjoy the silence! I know I do.
                Filed Ch. 7 on 9/30/10---341 11/12/10---Report of No Distribution 11/16/10

Discharged 1/21/11 Closed 1/26/11

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X