Urgent Question Needing Answer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urgent Question Needing Answer

Okay, I hope someone can help me. We filed out BK case on 6/21/2010. We didn't get our discharge after the 60 days because we forgot to take the class that was needed within the 45 day limit. We paid an additional $260 to re-open the case and were awarded our discharge on 11/4/2010. I contacted the voice line for pacer today, and it states that the case is "awaiting closing".

Here's my question: The following comment is made on the pacer voice system and I don't know what it means.

"Trustee has not been reported the assets"

I cannot reach my attny and I am concerned that this may mean something is up with my case. Can anyone help me understand? I didn't get anything from the trustee after the 341 meeting, so I don't know if they consider us an asset or no asset case.

Does Pacer still show you as a no asset case? Do you have a Pacer account so that you can look over your case online? Are there any notices on there stating that the trustee has requested the court send out notices for creditors to file claims? If not, then you are probably not an asset case. The closing can take quite a while, but it's the discharge that should make you smile
    Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

I honestly don't know what pacer shows me as. I don't have an account with them. According to my attny and the papers that I received in the mail, they are showing us with a standard discharge, a motion to close the case, and my attny says that the case is closed.

Comment

Then I wouldn't worry...really, the important thing is that your debts have been discharged.

Comment

If it's really concerning you though, you can set up a Pacer account. Though there is a charge of 8 cents per page, a maximum of $2.40 for any document of 30 pages or more, if you don't have $10 worth of charges in a quarter, they don't charge you at all. You can do that, log on, find your case and check deadline/schedules due/set. There should be a time frame set for the closing.

Comment

Originally posted by free2breathe View Post
            Then I wouldn't worry...really, the important thing is that your debts have been discharged.
            well, yes, and no...i think it's personal...me..i'd rather have the order from the trustee of no distributions no asset and the estate is closed that just made me feel better than even the discharge...if you don't have that order then even tho the bk is discharged it can become an asset case. (i.e. the trustee wants your tax refund...like on the other thread). one can still receive the discharge, but the trustee still may not close the case.
            Last edited by tobee43; 11-11-2010, 11:47 AM.
            8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

I guess at this point I need to wait and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by free2breathe View Post
                If it's really concerning you though, you can set up a Pacer account. Though there is a charge of 8 cents per page, a maximum of $2.40 for any document of 30 pages or more, if you don't have $10 worth of charges in a quarter, they don't charge you at all. You can do that, log on, find your case and check deadline/schedules due/set. There should be a time frame set for the closing.
                I signed up and haven't received the email yet for a login ID. Do you know how long it takes for that to come through?

Comment

Originally posted by lblanchette View Post
                  I signed up and haven't received the email yet for a login ID. Do you know how long it takes for that to come through?
                  I used my debit card to register, so I had my login ID the same day, within minutes I think.

Comment

Okay got the pacer ID. Where do I find the asset yes or no on it?

Comment

Let me give you this link to the Pacer Guide someone so nicely posted on this forum. It's excellent http://www.bkforum.com/showthread.ph...Guide-amp-Tips

You could go to the docket link and that will give you a page showing each item filed and the date it was filed. The titles are pretty self-explanatory.

Comment

Okay, so we are a no asset case. Today there was a "Discharge of Joint Debtors" filed along with "Order Closing Reopened Case". Does this mean that by tomorrow my case should be closed? It says it was filed on 11/6/10 and entered on 11/7/10. I am so confused.

PS: I did see where the trustee entered the no asset remarks, but it didn't have a docet number beside it. Does that mean he's still looking at it? That was done back on 9/26?

Comment

I doubt it. If he input no asset, then you were most likely just waiting out the time period between when he reported no asset and the actual discharge, which was today.
                          Filed Chapter 7 October 5, 2010 -341 held Nov. 8, 2010- Report of No Distribution Nov. 12th, 2010- Discharged 1-10-2011 Closed 1-28-2011

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X