top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Filed end of Oct but have to add something....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think your Trustee will take one second look at your amendment. It's also up to the creditor to dispute the dischargeability of the debt.
    I may be smarter than an attorney, but I'm not one. No legal advice here, people.
    Filed Ch. 7 pro se on 10/22/10 341 on 11/19/10 Report of No Distribution Filed on 11/19/10 Discharged 1/19/11 Closed 2/2/11

Comment

Amend your schedule. Its 26.00 dollars to file.

Comment

Originally posted by tcreegan View Post
        Hi Panacea,

....don't get me started on medical billing.....not only is it normal to get separate bills, it is also normal to have amounts wrong, be double billed, get no bill then get one later, have an accountant at a different address bill you...you get the idea.

The cheapest way around this is to mail the BK notice w/ case# and file date to whoever is billing you. Use certified mail return recpt requested so you have a record having mailed it.

Since you are a no-asset case, adding an unsecured creditor isn't going to change anything so amending is a low priority, definitely not worth $200

The good thing I have to say about medical billing is that once they get the BK notice, they are apologetic and remove it right away. They probably see enough of them....

Tom in Colo
        Tom, so if I need to add some creditors I can send them the BK info certified and then I do NOT have the amend the schedule and matrix with the court?
        Filed Ch 7 Pro Se 11-18-2010 341 Meeting 12-16-2010 Discharged 2-15-2011
        New Job 7-2011

Comment

The notion that whichever debts you have and that one is more 'right' or wrong to discharge then the other has little bearing in reality. If it did, there would be no point to a BK at all. What's the difference between charging off a hospital bill outright, or charging it on a credit card and then having the credit card discharged? Yea the doctor got his share, but the credit card company carries the 'burden'. So is that 'wrong'? Is it any more right or wrong than charging off a big screen TV you bought at Best Buy a year ago that's only half paid off? I would argue that's worse, cause the TV is not necessary to carry on with life, but your health is.

I would argue that a LOT (and maybe even the majority) of people who do file BK are doing so because of medical expenses they can't repay in any reasonable amount of time that are weighing things down. Remember BK MUST be thought of as a business decision, or else it becomes an emotional bag of nebulousness. You doctor runs a business to provide care, and charges a fee for their services. You are BK, which means you are declaring you are insolvent on all debts, so it's just the same as any other debt, end of story. And chances are the doctor has plenty of other paying customers coming in on a regular basis at the hospital, so he/she won't be missing any meals anytime soon
          Ch7 no asset Filed 11/23 341 12/21 discharged: 2/22/11 I am soooo totally not a lawyer, but i wish i had married one! Does that count for anything?

Comment

Hi chicagoannie,

It is going to depend on your BK court, they all seem to do it differently. Call the court clerk and ask what the procedure is. When talking to court clerks, make the first thing you say "I have a procedural question" They cannot give legal advice but can tell you about procedures/how the court works.

Good luck, hope your court has a nice easy way to get it done...

Tom in Colo
            Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

Gee, I checked paser today, I files on November 23rd, 2010, I got my 341 meeting set for Dec, 30th, 2010, half creditors were sent notice via email and the other half letters on November 26th, 2010, it also shows last day for objections is February 28th, 2011. Wow this is so cool if I had know it works this fast I would have not been pulling out my hair trying to figure out what to do. But now I wait for this dreaded 341 meeting, i am looking forward to it being over, then just sit back and wait until the bank forecloses on the house, I wont move out until I get that last letter that says get out. However I will be saving and packing and preparing in the meantime.
              Refurbished computers starting at $254.00
              http://www.electronixrus.com

Comment

Hey coak, there is a cure for this: But now I wait for this dreaded 341 meeting

Find out where your trustee holds 341 meetings and go watch a few. Also gives you the chance to find parking, drive time, and not do what I did: go to the wrong building...not good. After you see a few meetings, you will be confident going to yours!

Tom in Colo
                Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

Originally posted by scorpion35 View Post
                  i think filing bk on a medical bill is wrong.(unless its a huge one)
                  they provided a service and should get paid(lots of folks depend on that money to get paid)
                  thats just my opinion
                  Wow, judge much? Life happens. For instance when I got pregnant with our 6 month old, things were great financially. Then partway through the first trimester our income took a nosedive and hasn't come up for air yet. Thankfully the hospital wrote off my and my son's balance as a charity act (I had to apply for this) but unfortunately I still owe the anesthesiologist and my doctor. Those are going in my BK. I adore my doctor and the anesthesiologist was wonderful. I would pay him twice what he charged if I had the money, but I don't. I wish he had billed later but he billed first, falling under my deductible and so got nada from insurance. I may make arrangements to pay him after the BK is discharged, simply b/c he was so terrific. But believe me, we did not go into the pregnancy planning to BK. Pretty sure the OP didn't plan to have an ER visit either. Should we judge you for purchases you made that led to your BK?
                  Filed 5/31/11 341 & Report of No Distribution 7/28/11 Discharged & Closed!! 9/29/11
                  "What I won't accept or buy any longer is that my credit score defines who I am. Screw that."

Comment

most of the hospitals and doctors will let u pay your bill over months
                    Yeah, you know what the clinic my OB bills through is doing? Sure they're letting me pay $40/month -- and slapping on $17/month in interest, and a $10 fee for a certified letter that was regular delivery. I'll really get ahead with that schedule.
                    Filed 5/31/11 341 & Report of No Distribution 7/28/11 Discharged & Closed!! 9/29/11
                    "What I won't accept or buy any longer is that my credit score defines who I am. Screw that."

Comment

i think filing bk on a medical bill is wrong.(unless its a huge one)
                      they provided a service and should get paid(lots of folks depend on that money to get paid)
                      thats just my opinion
                      I personally think it is wrong to have this kind of attitude.

You don't think folks who work for credit card companies rely on the credit card holders to pay their bills? If no credit card holder ever paid their bill, those folks would be without a job. Just because a debt is medical does not make it higher on the moral ladder.
                      I may be smarter than an attorney, but I'm not one. No legal advice here, people.
                      Filed Ch. 7 pro se on 10/22/10 341 on 11/19/10 Report of No Distribution Filed on 11/19/10 Discharged 1/19/11 Closed 2/2/11

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X