Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Le Sigh.....

I just wish we could get on with this.
    We're still in the process of saving the $1400 for attorney and court costs and catching up on our utilities so that we won't have to include those in our bk. Come on money.... Come faster!

My husband and I are just now collecting the needed documents and a couple questions popped into my head.
    Is it ok if some of our statements for bills are printed off online? We don't get many paper statements anymore and I'm worried that I'll miss something or it won't be as "official" or something.
    And you just need the latest credit card statements right? I don't have to like print of months of them?
    We switched banks since we're in debt to our previous bank. We need 6 months of bank statements to file. So we would get our current statement from our current bank and then get the rest of the statements from our previous bank right?

Ugh..... My head is swimming in legal mumbo-jumbo.

Thanks!

Yes, I believe you are correct in all of your assumptions. You can print statements off the web. I just downloaded them and emailed the .pdf files to my attorney.

Each attorney has a different list of what he needs. If your attorney asks for only your most recent credit card statement, then that's all you need to send him.

Yes, you would give your attorney all of your new bank's statements starting on the date you opened with them and for your previous bank, the 6 month old statement up to and including the last one you had that includes your closing of the account.

Hope you get some unexpected money so that you can file soon!
    Filed Chapter 7 July 2010
    Attended 341 September 2010
    Discharged November 2010 Closed November 2010

Comment

Originally posted by lynzy View Post
      I just wish we could get on with this.
      We're still in the process of saving the $1400 for attorney and court costs and catching up on our utilities so that we won't have to include those in our bk. Come on money.... Come faster!

My husband and I are just now collecting the needed documents and a couple questions popped into my head.
      Is it ok if some of our statements for bills are printed off online? We don't get many paper statements anymore and I'm worried that I'll miss something or it won't be as "official" or something.
      And you just need the latest credit card statements right? I don't have to like print of months of them?
      We switched banks since we're in debt to our previous bank. We need 6 months of bank statements to file. So we would get our current statement from our current bank and then get the rest of the statements from our previous bank right?

Ugh..... My head is swimming in legal mumbo-jumbo.

Thanks!
      i know lyn it's difficult to get all the information together...but once you do it will done! and, you will be on your way to a better life.

the most important thing about the statements is to just make certain they are requested chronologically...if they asked for six months just make certain it's six months in a roll, and if it's from another bank, (they most likely will not even ask), it really will not matter.

our personal experience was, we had three banks involved for the 6 month period requested. the trustee didn't blink an eye. we were never asked for the "credit card" statements. however, when filling out sch F we listed each card and the amount owned and if we didn't have an updated statement or it was not clear on the credit report we were using, we just put amount as "unknown". it's really MOST important to have the account number and address correct. proper notification is imperative when filing with the courts so that the creditors are properly notified.

i'm sure you'll do just fine...this a bumpy road, but not un- surpassable! you CAN do this!! best of luck and keep us posted!
      Last edited by tobee43; 11-15-2010, 12:52 PM.
      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Wow, thank you! This forum has such good people and great information! If only the rest of the internet was as helpful. ;)

One more question:
        What should I do about the collection calls? I have yet to answer my phone when one of them calls me, I even have their numbers saved and a certain ringtone for them so I know who's calling. Should I answer and talk to them? Tell them we're going to be filing? Or should I continue ignoring their calls?

Comment

Originally posted by lynzy View Post
          Wow, thank you! This forum has such good people and great information! If only the rest of the internet was as helpful. ;)

One more question:
          What should I do about the collection calls? I have yet to answer my phone when one of them calls me, I even have their numbers saved and a certain ringtone for them so I know who's calling. Should I answer and talk to them? Tell them we're going to be filing? Or should I continue ignoring their calls?
          that's a personal choice, i hated them...my other half loved to torture them...i had "blocked" most of the numbers and then we moved so thankfully no one else called.

also, our atty told us to direct the calls to the firms office...our atty even sent out letters, however, it still did not stop the calling. if it's that bad for you, just turn off the ringer or change your phone number with the phone company. but it is up to you...most of them do not care until you have the actual "docket" number and then that means they best stop the calling...

once you have filed an automatic stay goes into effect and any creditor is not allowed to call. make certain you let you atty know if any of the creditors violates the order, they can take care of the situation if it gets out of hand...but that's only after you have filed.

best of luck to you!
          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Hi lynzy,

Should I answer and talk to them? Tell them we're going to be filing? Or should I continue ignoring their calls? no, no, yes

Giving them a separate ringtone is brilliant by the way.....

What documents you will need is highly variable by court and trustee, your atty will know what you need and tell you.

Good call on not including utilities in the BK, if you want to continue getting service they might want you to open a new account and pay a deposit. But if push comes to shove, call them up and talk to them, they might be able to work something out with you.

Good luck with everything, as others said, it is a pain but coming out the other side is worth it...

Tom in Colo
            Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

Thank you all for such thorough and quick replies!

My parents (bless them!) are helping us get the $1400 so HOPEFULLY we can be caught up and file by the end of the month. *fingers crossed*

Comment

i hear ya girl...i am in the same boat. While i have already paid the lawyer, i just met today to turn over all the paperwork. The paralegal is going to crunch the paperwork and get back to me within the next few days. I am hoping they move quickly, as the not-knowing my numbers as of yet game is making me all kinds of nervous! I just want to get the filing over with!
                Ch7 no asset Filed 11/23 341 12/21 discharged: 2/22/11 I am soooo totally not a lawyer, but i wish i had married one! Does that count for anything?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X