top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if I sold Private Stock and need to spend the money?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What if I sold Private Stock and need to spend the money?

I am fortunate that I received almost $30k from a private stock sale. I am in CO and having trouble finding ways to spend it. Here are some options that I are real, but don't get me close enough to the $30k. I am also about 3 months away from filing and have spoken to several BK attorneys.

$10k - newer car
    $2k - Taxes, title, yr of insurance for newer car
    $2k - furniture (have garage sale stuff now)
    $1k - Make our master bathroom usable (has been gutted for 3yrs)
    $1k - Insulate our House
    $1k - Get a real dryer and 220v outlet to replace the nearly broken 110v dryer we have
    $2k - Replace broken countertops and reface cabinets (two are broken), fix kitchen floor
    $2k - pay Attorney fees
    $10k - Lawn mowing equipment (Trailer and two riding/standing commercial mowers - we as a family do this to make extra money during the summer months)

Does this sound reasonable?

Hi AmericanguyC, Welcome aboard, fellow Coloradoan here...

The 10K in the car would work if you are filing jointly w/ spouse. By yourself, only 5K would be exempt.

Need any dental work?

Tom in Colo
    Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

I spent down some of my $$ by purchasing faucets, lights, etc for my home but be careful so that all that is exempt in your state because it could increase the value of your home. I also purchased new tires for the car (tire prices have doubled in the last four years BTW), spark plugs, brake pads, and typical wear items. And I had lots of dental work. I think I funded my desist college fund for his kids this year...

Comment

Spending 30k in 3 months could prove to be interesting. It may be interesting enough to the trustee that you get to buy that car, commercial mower & trailer, and other items twice. Once from the store, and the second time from the trustee if you can't exempt them. You need to plan very carefully....
        All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
        Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X