Credit Card offers??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Card offers??

I stopped paying my cc's in July and since August I have been receiving more and more cc offers in the mail, DAILY. I wasn't receiving these for a long time while I was actually able to pay the bills, but I am now getting at least 2 a day and they are decent offers (for now of course). What's up with this? I haven't filed BK yet, so what's happening here?
    (ps. I see them and laugh hysterically while ripping them up)

I'm not sure, but my hubby and I also get them. Our's say "you've been working to get your finances in order"...I just laugh and then shread them.

Comment

Your topic is asked in this forum at least twice a week - do a search and you will see how popular the topic is. Note that your name is just on mailing lists and if you applied for those offers and sent them in, you would be denied. Once you file your BK information is now public information and you will get all sorts of pre-approved high rate/high interest offers. Note that it is all based on public information and on what is in your credit reports - creditors glean that information to contact people that fall into certain categories and put them on mailing lists. One bad thing about all this is that the mailing list information is sold and passed around and stays out there a while. We are over 4 years past our Chapter 13 discharge and still get BK related junk mail - I don't think BK ever goes away once you file.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

sorry, been lurking around a while and hadn't seen this come up PRE filing. I do know that it's common to get a lot of offers post BK, but thought it was strange pre.

Comment

optoutprescreen.com

We did that 2 years ago and have never received a credit card offer since.

The only "offers" we have received since filing have been from 2 local car companies. It was literally like 2 days after we filed. They must be on some notification for people who file or something. It was kind of creepy.
          I may be smarter than an attorney, but I'm not one. No legal advice here, people.
          Filed Ch. 7 pro se on 10/22/10 341 on 11/19/10 Report of No Distribution Filed on 11/19/10 Discharged 1/19/11 Closed 2/2/11

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X