Discharge, repayment of funds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discharge, repayment of funds?

So we are starting to get close to our discharge date, kinda nervous. We are due for discharge on 11/29. We think we should be fine on most items but we actually had 2 CC which were jointly in our name and our S Corp names. We had been told that our liability would be gone but the corp would still be liable, makes sense. Well for some reason, the laywer said maybe the CC were not actually set up as a corp card, the 2 business cards were included for discharge. This was even confirmed by the fact that one of the CC sent our lawyer a letter saying that we used this card after we filled for BK and wanted those funds. This is true as we used it on some business items thinking that card was not included. Our lawyer said he was going to inform the CC that we used those funds to keep our business going (true) and had no other options then wait for their response. As of right now there has been nothing back. It was only like $2500.

Has anyone else had CC use after BK disputed? Just curious if this may be dropped and/or when we should expect to hear something? Like do they wait until right before discharge?

if u used the credit card after filling expect to pay it back.it will not be discharged.
    Filed chapter 7 on 9/17 341 on 10/20
    Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution on 10/21
    Discharged and Case Closed on 12/21/2010

Comment

And that is completely fine with me. We expected that card which was about 30k to not be discharged which is why we used it after. If I have to pay $2500 to have it discharged I am more than happy to do so. What is usually the terms on that? It's not a good time of the year to have something like that come up, I would hope to pay it back with my tax refund.

Comment

Originally posted by rck3 View Post
        So we are starting to get close to our discharge date, kinda nervous. We are due for discharge on 11/29. We think we should be fine on most items but we actually had 2 CC which were jointly in our name and our S Corp names. We had been told that our liability would be gone but the corp would still be liable, makes sense.

not really, because once you file you most likely should have filed for the s corp as well as you were or are personally responsible.

Well for some reason, the laywer said maybe the CC were not actually set up as a corp card, the 2 business cards were included for discharge.

..it's really not for any other reason other than you have a GOOD atty!! whoppppppppeeeee!!!
        makes sense!

This was even confirmed by the fact that one of the CC sent our lawyer a letter saying that we used this card after we filled for BK and wanted those funds. This is true as we used it on some business items thinking that card was not included. Our lawyer said he was going to inform the CC that we used those funds to keep our business going (true) and had no other options then wait for their response. As of right now there has been nothing back. It was only like $2500.

don't worry...it will and should be just fine..

Has anyone else had CC use after BK disputed?

no....never did

Just curious if this may be dropped and/or when we should expect to hear something? if you haven't hear by now...you might just be alright??

Like do they wait until right before discharge? sometimes...but as far as i know rarely, however, always be prepared for a "surprise"....just in case....
        worse scenario, is that you will have to pay back what you filed after filing...best of luck to you!!
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X