Can i open a new checking account during BK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can i open a new checking account during BK

i discharge in about a month, am i ok to open a new bank account?

Should not be a problem, unless you wrote lots of bad checks. In that case you might have some difficulty from your Chexsystem report. I'd suggest a local credit union.
    Case Closed > 2/08/2010

Comment

I would wait when you officially have the discharge paper in hand.

Comment

I'm thinking there are no issues w/that!
        Filed:11/2010
        341 Meeting:1/5/2011
        Discharge:3/2011

Comment

I opened two new accounts during my bankruptcy. It is not a credit account so it's not prohibited in any manner.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

hello

hubby just opened a new account in order to get his payroll check cashed. he went with the same bank that his company uses and it was no problem with them that he is going through bk.. notify your attorney, but it shouldnt be a problem as long as its not a credit card, as i am told.

Comment

great thanks for the answers, i was in chexsystems due to an account clsing, but i faxed in my bk papers and they removed me

Comment

Hi dasherkin,

Nice to hear that chexsystems is being reasonable, seen posts where people had a hard time with them.

We opened a new acct during our BK, no problems.

Tom in Colo
                Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

Note to others... ChexSystems is VERY responsive when you have a bankruptcy that pre-dates the derogatory information contained within their system.
                  Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                  Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

they are, chex removed my info with no problem, i had to send my papers about 5 times, they kept saying they didn't get it. then i sent it in the mail next day and on the the very next day i called, they said everything was deleted

Comment

I've opened a new account just a few weeks ago while I'm still waiting for the discarged. I made sure I had 200.00 dollars 100 for checking and a 100 for saving.

Comment

Question...you can get accounts deleted in chexsystem? I did not know that....what are the conditions that allow you to do this...

Comment

they will delete all your info from chex, just fax them or mail them your bk info

Comment

Okay thanks =)

Comment

Originally posted by dasherkin View Post
                              they will delete all your info from chex, just fax them or mail them your bk info
                              I'm assuming the accounts that Chex had records of, has to be included in your BK before they remove them, is that correct?
                              Filed: 5/22/07; 341 Hearing: 6/27/07;
                              Confirmed: 8/13/07; DISCHARGED 4/17/2012

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X