Property held for others?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Property held for others?

My long term girlfriend (living together 6 years) and I own our house together, Do I need to include her property in the property held for others section?

Yes you do. I shall assume this is a significant other, and her and your income (even if she was only a rental) would be included in the household expenses. I had to declare a tractor that my god-daughter owns, even when I use it, as her item, not mine. It was not questioned as a fact it was so. Other things were questioned but not to any great degree. Be perfectly honest is my best advice. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by johnbolt View Post
      My long term girlfriend and I own our house together, Do I need to include her property in the property held for others section?
      Not an unusual situation.

I usually state "all household goods not otherwise mentioned" for the question that asks if you are holding property that belongs to another. If there is some specific item like a vehicle I would mention that separately.

Des.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X