Is it odd that I am excited?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it odd that I am excited?

I am signing papers on the 3rd of December. I am really excited. Is that wrong?

Nope. I think it's perfectly find to be excited about dumping the elephant off your back and having a fresh start, even if you're only left with peanuts
    Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ELBKnow View Post
      I second that!!!!
      I remember feeling just about every emotion there is. excited, terrified, sad, depressed, ashamed, My attorney doesn't know what i look like without tears in my eyes.
      filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
      "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

I also felt the same way. At first it was a little surreal, but then relief kicked in. It's really the beginning of a fresh start, so I think it makes sense to feel excited. It is also means that filling out all of that nasty paperwork is done! Good luck to you!
        Filed Chapter 7 on July 30, 2010
        341 scheduled for August 26, 2010 - Done! - Report of No Distribution
        Discharged!!! - November 15, 2010

Comment

"Giddy" would be the word for me. My wife looks at me strangely when I'm reading over information and start cackling out loud. I don't think she understands the relief I'm beginning to feel. My wife has always paid a couple of her bills and gives a set amount to me for the others but I've always been the one to try and balance the variables...the power bill that goes from $40 in the winter to $250 in the summer and the gas bill that goes from $25 in the summer to $275 in the winter, the taxes, medical bills, and incidentals like tires or repairs have generally fell on me to make things work out right. I use to feel somewhat proud of myself for figuring ways to get bills paid in tight situations. Losing over half of my income made it a total nightmare and stress and worry shot through the roof.

I would say that being excited is PERFECTLY NORMAL. You SHOULD be happy and I'm happy for you!

Comment

Edit..."fine" not "find"...darned typos lol ;)
            Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

It is an exciting time. A chance for a fresh start. A chance to be shed of many of the burdens of life. Nothing to be ashamed about for being excited.

Just use your fresh start wisely...
              All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
              Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

when we signed it was SUCH A RELIEF!!!!!!! of course there is nothing wrong with making the first move in starting your life over again...
                8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

I agree with others, nothing wrong with being excited!
                  My mood changes with the wind on BK, but I was relieved to know it was filed.
                  I am most excited about beginning my new life with cash & living the simple life!!
                  Of course, I have to pass many hurdles to get there.....trying to keep positive!
                  Last edited by janie; 11-23-2010, 07:22 AM.
                  10/18/10 Admitted to self I can't continue to live off CC; 11/19/10 Filed Chapter 7, 341 scheduled 1/5/11

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X