Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• helpme2010
    replied
    I like this thread. The one thing that doesn't happen necessarily is 60 days after the 341 you are discharged. I was expecting this, but it looks like it will be at least 90 days or more.

Leave a comment:

• chicagoannie
    replied
    gman - thanks for the tips! You filed pro se, correct? I just started that journey last week. Feel free to post any other helpful tidbits!

Leave a comment:

• broken01
    replied
    when we count 10 days or 30 days or 60 days, holidys are included or we count business days only. My 341 was on 22 Nov, so today is thanksgiving how many days i count now?

Leave a comment:

• angles
    replied
    hey thanks, this is great!

Leave a comment:

• coak1875
    replied
    Thanks so much for this information now i count down my 341 Dec 30th 2010.

Leave a comment:

• AngelinaCat
    replied
    Yes, gman. Thank you for posting this. I will make it a sticky.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Leave a comment:

• ValleYum
    replied
    Thanks for the great info, gman!!

Crossing my fingers, toes and all other crossable body parts that you get good news tomorrow!!!

Leave a comment:

• Hope this helps all ----- 3 Deadlines to Sweat Out after Your 341

I found this information in BANKRUPTCY FOR DUMMIES and figured I'd share it with the crew.

There seem to be 3 DEADLINES TO SWEAT OUT AFTER YOUR 341.

================================================== =

WITHIN 14 DAYS AFTER YOUR 341 HEARING (Changed from 10 days to 14 days in 2010.)
    The US Trustee must file a statement with the court as to whether or not you passed or flunked the Means Test. If the Trustee thinks you flunked the Means Test, within 30 days of filing this statement, he/she can ask the Court to dismiss your case.

30 DAYS AFTER THE 341 MEETING CONCLUDES
    The 30th day is the last day for the Trustee or any Creditor to object to your claims of any personal property. If you have properly listed the asset, you are in the clear after that time. But if you have to amend an exemption claim, the 30 day clock restarts from the time you file your amendment.

60 DAYS AFTER THE 341 HEARING
    The 60th day is the deadline for creditors to claim that certain types of debts - most notably credit cards and nonsupport marital obligations - should not be wiped out. If the creditor fails to file in time, it's too late (for them) and you are home free. The same deadline applies to any claims that your discharge should be denied altogether because of serious misconduct. Either the Trustee or a Creditor could file for this denial (but it is unlikely to occur unless you have serious misconduct.)

=======================================

I hope this helps everyone. I found this because I have been awaiting my first hurdle - the 10 day deadline - and nothing positive or negative was posted in PACER - and it will be 14 days tomorrow. I am going to call the court tomorrow (and not the Trustee) and see what was filed, if anything.
    Last edited by AngelinaCat; 01-26-2011, 03:34 PM. Reason: Changed first Deadline from 10 days to 14 days.

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X