Had my 341 today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had my 341 today

and it was a breeze. I got there an hour early and was the second one called. I'm relieved and alot of tears on the way home, mostly do to all the stress I've been under. Thanks everyone for all your help so far. I'm so glad you're here.

Congrats on a breezy 341
    "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

Here's hoping for a speedy 60!
      There are two secrets for success in life:
      1.) Never tell everything you know.

Comment

AWESOME Panacea
        So glad this step is done for you.

WELCOME to the 60 day club!!!!
        filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
        "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

Thanks!!!!!! Just seeing your replies made me smile! Cant WAIT for this to be over!

Comment

Yay!! Congrats to you!
            ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
            Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Originally posted by Panacea View Post
              Thanks!!!!!! Just seeing your replies made me smile! Cant WAIT for this to be over!
              Smiling is good. Think i posted it somewhere else about i was smiling so much my face hurt. hahaha
              Tell you what.... how about if you take my place in the 60 day club. tomorrow is 60 days for me.
              This club is an awesome club BUT ******I WANT OUT *****
              filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
              "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

That's great to hear! Congrats
                Stopped paying 8/2010, Filed 2/2011, 341 3/2011 done, Report of no distribution . . . Discharged & Closed 5/2011!

Comment

Congrats, Panacea! Welcome to the club
                  Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Panacea View Post
                    and it was a breeze. I got there an hour early and was the second one called. I'm relieved and alot of tears on the way home, mostly do to all the stress I've been under. Thanks everyone for all your help so far. I'm so glad you're here.
                    My 341 case was one of the most simple ones of all of the cases. I was frustrated because I was the very last case called up. The very first case had a guy who couldn't speak English and they of course had to put the interpreter on the phone (I hate when someone shows up to court and doesn't even bring the interpreter to the court room). So this caused something that should have taken 1 minute, to take over 10 minutes.

I was relieved when the room was empty as my turn was coming, then all of the sudden they open the doors to let the next hours worth of people pour in, so they all got to hear about my personal stuff.

I also heard a couple people really trying crazy stuff with moving large amounts of money around and the trustee kept asking for more information (so a couple people got to submit more stuff to the trustee). But this was really easy to go through.

Congrats on yours.

Comment

Congratulations. Good luck!
                      All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
                      Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Hi Pan,

I am in MD like you are...my 341 is in 2 weeks. What did they ask you, out of curiousity? How long did it take?

Congrats on your entering the 60 day club! I can't wait to be there myself
                        Ch7 no asset Filed 11/23 341 12/21 discharged: 2/22/11 I am soooo totally not a lawyer, but i wish i had married one! Does that count for anything?

Comment

Hi BKlooker (and thanks for all the congrats ya'll!)
                          They asked the standard, my lawyer gave me a list of what was asked, but really yes or no answers with maybe two total sentences. I didn't elaborate on anything because I tend to ramble when I'm nervous so I thought it best to just answer short and sweet.

All were basic....name address phone, and she verified ss card and picture id.
                          Asked why I filed for bankruptcy, which again....short answer, I couldn't keep up w/house payments which in turn lead to the credit card debt.
                          Asked if I was surrending my house....yes
                          Car? yes
                          When my last payments were.
                          If I got, or expected any money, or if anyone owed me money....no
                          I'd say not even 5 minutes total.

Then "We're done here, thank you" ..... NEXT! No, they didn't say next, but you get the point.
                          I was no asset, and not a complicated case. I was under the median income by few thousand too.

Just wanted to add that it wasn't pleasant, nor scary while going through it. She was pretty straight forward without making me feel like a complete failure. I did that to myself while sitting there waiting for my lawyer and to go into the room, imagining the worst. Just the facts, and businesslike. I sorta liked her for that.

Good luck to you. I hate the fact I stressed so much about it, but its over now, and I actually can breathe again....for now!
                          Last edited by Panacea; 12-06-2010, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Welcome to the 60 day club!

Comment

Congratulations! It's all coasting from here going forward

dasmom

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X