No announcement yet.

Had my 341 today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so glad its over for you pan.....it's been some time coming!!! you'll be in that 60 day club before you can blink!
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Thanks again! I know I've been at times, an emotional mess on here, but I actually think now I see a light at the end of this BK tunnel and I'm reaching for it. The BK process and my years of debt, as I'm sure with all of us, has been a long, hard, heavy burden to carry. I want it all off my back and I can't wait to actually have a moment of silence and peace in this mind of mine and to begin my life again.

Comment

Originally posted by Panacea View Post
        Thanks again! I know I've been at times, an emotional mess on here, but I actually think now I see a light at the end of this BK tunnel and I'm reaching for it. The BK process and my years of debt, as I'm sure with all of us, has been a long, hard, heavy burden to carry. I want it all off my back and I can't wait to actually have a moment of silence and peace in this mind of mine and to begin my life again.
        I know just how you feel about wanting to get your debt off your back. Woot for sailing through your 341! I had mine today, too.

Here's to a smooth 60 days for both of us!
        Filed Ch 7 pro se Oct 2010 . Filed student loan AP pro se Feb 2011 . Discharged Feb 2011 . AP trial 1/10/2012 . $28K in student loans dismissed Jan 2012 . ECMC appealed. Appeal hearing 7/2012. Original judgment upheld 9/2012.

Comment

Nice - now watch out for your "no distribution"-notation!
          Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
          FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
          FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

I am so glad for you Panacea!

and I actually can breathe again.... the first breath of your 'fresh start' !

Tom in Colo
            Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

Congrats on a smooth 341! This bk journey is one step closer to ending. Whew!
              Filed Ch. 7 on 9/30/10---341 11/12/10---Report of No Distribution 11/16/10

Discharged 1/21/11 Closed 1/26/11

Comment

Congrats Pan! I knew you were a softy - crying on the way home. :-)
                Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

Yes, I'm a softy! And just broke out in my "stress" tears again! Just saw the trustees report of no distribution and request to be discharged from her duties! OMG! What a roller coaster....hopefully its smooth sailing from here. This has been such an emotional and mental "beating" of my mind. Its almost like I am a "Debtoholic" going throught detox!!!

You guys are really the best and really the only ones who understand what this debt and Bk mess feels like. I feel like saying....I LOVE YOU ALL!!! hahahaha!

Comment

The night I found this forum I was so lost and panicked. I didn't know where to begin. At that point I was thinking about BK, but all the things I heard about it being bad kept creeping into my thoughts. I was scared, but when I saw everyone here, I thought "I can do this." I called a lawyer the next day. I found the forum in August, filed in August, and now look at me - all discharged and case closed! I really thank everyone on this forum.
                    Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

Originally posted by drowning123 View Post
                      The night I found this forum I was so lost and panicked. I didn't know where to begin. At that point I was thinking about BK, but all the things I heard about it being bad kept creeping into my thoughts. I was scared, but when I saw everyone here, I thought "I can do this." I called a lawyer the next day. I found the forum in August, filed in August, and now look at me - all discharged and case closed! I really thank everyone on this forum.
                      Here, here, Drowning! I found this forum after meeting with a bankruptcy attorney (recommended by my accountant!!) who didn't ask me any questions, didn't look at any of the paperwork I brought for him, just plugged my income into a form on his laptop and said, "No, you don't really qualify for bankruptcy. The best I could do is put you in a 13 that would cost you as much as you're paying the IRS right now. Sorry."

Reading the posts here helped me figure out the right questions to ask attorneys and taught me a ton about dealing with taxes in bankruptcy. And reading everyone's stories really gave me great perspective... definitely helped dial down the anxiety!!

Comment

Congrats Panacea, from 1 Maryland BK'er to another, hehe. My 341 is in 13 days. I am actually not too worried about it anymore...and the reason is solely to do with this forum. In reading about it, it took me longer to get from my car in the parking garage (in the freezing cold) to my desk at work this morning than it will likely take to go through the 341 meeting itself. I actually plan to go early and take lots of notes, and post what I find on here, similar to what another poster did when they surveyed 35 meetings on 1 day.

I am more concerned with that blessed noting of no-distribution. Being that my 341 is 3 days before Xmas, getting that noted would indeed make my Christmas very freakin merry!

I too want to say how much I appreciate each and everyone on here who has contributed constructive, sweet, helpful thoughts on this forum to my questions and others. It's been such a blessing....not only the responses, but the response rates (yall are fast!). I milled around loansafe.org for a while, and found it highly trafficked, but no one seemed to respond to the harder questions, and responses took several days and even weeks. Longest I have waited here was like 8-9 hours.

And like Pan said, I know a lot of us on here (especially people like me who have anxiety problems) can seem like little nutcases with all our questions and whatnot, but it's such a comfort knowing that we aren't alone, that millions of people have been down this road before (thousands every day, in fact), and that even our more complicated issues have come up before.

I never considered the prospect of BK before 2 months ago. I went into a lawyer’s office seeking help for a short sale on my home. I had done a lot of soul searching and decided that the $1500/month I would be paying on a 1 bedroom, 1 bath condo that was 20-30K upside down and I am never allowed to rent out (yea, wasn’t told that part either!!) for the next 5-6 years when the ARM resets next year just wasn’t going to work out, what with the $900/month in credit card bills, student loan payments due soon, and the imminent new car payments that would be needed within the next 18 months when I replace my 8 year old, 150K mile car.

I was already prepared for my credit taking a hit with the short sale, and had read about all the options for refinancing and the Obama plans for foreclosure/upside down home help, but my load isn’t Freddie/Fannie, so nothing worked, and I wasn’t late on my mortgage yet, so no one wanted to work with me. My lawyer for the short sale looked over the packet I filled out for 2 minutes and said….why not try for a CH7? Your income is just barely over the medium for the state and with these excess health expenses alone, I am more than confident we can get you in under a CH7 instead of a 13, provided you have bills to prove it, and we might not even need those depending on how your means test shakes out. That way, you are getting a truly fresh start AND knocking away the house obligation at the same time since your credit is going to be hit anyway.

I went home, milled it over for a couple days, read up on this forum for a week or 2 (and I mean read for hours and hours, until my eyes couldn’t read anymore), and decided it was my best option for a brighter future. I didn't want to go through a short sale only to find that my mortgage company wouldn't take it, and then i am back to square 1 and even less time and less options. I also knew that even assuming that went smooth, i would still have the CC payments to deal with for the next 10+ years.

If there was any way for me to give individual people on here a hug or send flowers/gifts, I would do it in a heartbeat. I am not a big crier, but I do get the anxiety shakes and sleeplessness and general ‘always scared’ feeling when something troubles me, and this forum made me feel like this wasn’t something to be so ashamed of, that’s a LEGAL financial decision, and it’s not so abnormal. It also helped me not beat myself up for considering it, or feel like a degenerate for every cup of Starbucks I bought over the past 7 years.

I was telling my best friend today that this is the first time in my life where I actually now have money in the bank..actual, disposable money. I won’t have to worry about racking up a lot on CCs this Christmas...I won’t worry the next time my therapist and doctor switch my medications to something more expensive to tackle my anxiety….i won’t worry the next time the car won’t start and I have to have work done on it or consider getting a new one. No words can really express how that feels. So what my credit score sucks? It’s a number that sits in a computer….nothing more. So glad I no longer tie it to my sense of self worth.
                        Ch7 no asset Filed 11/23 341 12/21 discharged: 2/22/11 I am soooo totally not a lawyer, but i wish i had married one! Does that count for anything?

Comment

Originally posted by BKlooker View Post
                          So what my credit score sucks? It’s a number that sits in a computer….nothing more. So glad I no longer tie it to my sense of self worth.
                          Truer words never spoken. Life goes on.

Comment

I feel the same way all of the time on here. I want to just HUG you all.
                            filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
                            "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X