BK friendly new car companies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BK friendly new car companies?

A little background about me and my status.

-CH 7 discharged a year and a half ago.
    -I reaffirmed my car even though it was at 25% interest due to bad credit. Yes, 25% interest. I have NEVER missed a payment on it in 3 years. Since BK i have a year and a half of on time payments on it.
    -I got a credit card in my name after BK and have never missed a payment.

Credit scores : 588 - 601 - 610

I am looking to lease a new car. I have always wanted to. Being out of BK for a year and a half i think its time. Has anyone had success getting a NEW CAR lease and were in a similar status? Or does anyone know what car companies are BK friendly? I am looking at toyota or nissan.

Actually just used myfico, and my score is 638

Comment

I think Ford (Ford Credit, that is) is quite BK-friendly - they often offer quite good interest-rates.

Leasing after BK is harder than financing though.
      Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
      FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
      FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

I have heard that ford is one of the best. I just wish i liked their cars better :p. Also, do you know if myfico.com is the fico score that dealers use?

Comment

Originally posted by ryanr623 View Post
          I have heard that ford is one of the best. I just wish i liked their cars better :p. Also, do you know if myfico.com is the fico score that dealers use?
          There is a such thing as (car) loan enhanced scores... basically it uses that car payment history ( and possibly mortgage) a lil stronger than normal myfico scores

Comment

Originally posted by 2011 View Post
            There is a such thing as (car) loan enhanced scores... basically it uses that car payment history ( and possibly mortgage) a lil stronger than normal myfico scores
            Not sure about the mortgage-part but yes, dealers use the auto-enhanced score for car-loans which is confidential to consumers. Your dealer, of course, might reveal it to you.
            Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.

Comment

But myfico is generally the most accurate and accepted credit score? Im confused about it all. My vantage scores are near 700, my myfico is 638. I know that the new vantage scores tend to be a little higher based on the scale.

If myfico uses TU fico, how do i get my experian and equifax fico?

Comment

I think there is just one FICO score. Anyone?

Comment

That is my problem, their is not one car in the Ford lineup, I would want even for Free.

Chapter 7 filed 11/4/10 ---- 341 Meeting 12/1/10 ---- Discharge 1/31/2011.

Comment

But myfico is generally the most accurate and accepted credit score? Im confused about it all. My vantage scores are near 700, my myfico is 638. I know that the new vantage scores tend to be a little higher based on the scale.

If myfico uses TU fico, how do i get my experian and equifax fico?
                    Your equifax FICO is available at myfico as well - the FICO of experian is not available to consumers any more. Only the FAKO-score (meaning an UNofficial score like vantage).

Comment

Originally posted by daylate View Post
                      I think there is just one FICO score. Anyone?
                      Nope, there are 3 (Experian, Equifax and TransUnion) - as said before, Experian is only available to creditors.

Comment

Hi all,

To my knowledge, Experian is trying to use their own FICO-clone score. Experian Plus or something like that.

Tom in Colo
                        Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

I signed up at myfico, so i will try and find my eq score, thanks!

Comment

Not a lease but Capital One has been good to me at 9%. During active BK, before discharge, I financed with a company called Tidewater Motor Credit. Interest rate was 18% at 60 months, which was bad but I had to have a good commuter. Twelve months after discharge I refinance at 9% at 48 months. My payment dropped about $60 per month and I'll saved about $2800 in interest over the life of the loan.
                            6/30/2009 Filed Ch. 7
                            10/06/2009 Discharged
                            01/24/2011 Closed

Comment

Originally posted by hamburgervol View Post
                              Not a lease but Capital One has been good to me at 9%. During active BK, before discharge, I financed with a company called Tidewater Motor Credit. Interest rate was 18% at 60 months, which was bad but I had to have a good commuter. Twelve months after discharge I refinance at 9% at 48 months. My payment dropped about $60 per month and I'll saved about $2800 in interest over the life of the loan.
                              That's not too bad!
                              I may be smarter than an attorney, but I'm not one. No legal advice here, people.
                              Filed Ch. 7 pro se on 10/22/10 341 on 11/19/10 Report of No Distribution Filed on 11/19/10 Discharged 1/19/11 Closed 2/2/11

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X