BK friendly new car companies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fallonedward View Post
    That is my problem, their is not one car in the Ford lineup, I would want even for Free.
    Really? I love the new Fiesta! Affordable, cute, and 40mpg is what I plan on getting. I'm not looking for anything fancy, just an affordable vehicle that saves me on our gas expenses. Plus the basic vehicle is only $13k.
    I may be smarter than an attorney, but I'm not one. No legal advice here, people.
    Filed Ch. 7 pro se on 10/22/10 341 on 11/19/10 Report of No Distribution Filed on 11/19/10 Discharged 1/19/11 Closed 2/2/11

Comment

Not quite 2 years out of BK7 I had heard that Volkswagen Credit was pretty open to financing post BK. Now, frankly, I like Ford...unfortunately I had a loan with them when I filed and they turned out eating a big chunk. I have always liked VW cars in general, though was always a bit leary of their overall quality. Anyway, I decided I liked the Jetta. Went in with $2000 cash and got financed for the balance of $21000 with 5.6%. Payment around $400/m. I had no trade-in, had been driving a 2005 Neon previously which I elected to keep around as a "spare" car. I love my VW, and while several people have told me that it will turn evil on me the second the manufacturer warranty is up, that's fine. I may very well trade in for another one. It's kinda like a less expensive BMW 3 series.

Comment

I just wanted to note that 2 weeks after filing, I got a letter in the mail from my local Ford dealership that basically said 'Hey, congrats on being BK..come on in and let us help you get a new car and a fresh start! We are here to help you!". My lawyer actually has a full page of local dealers who can help out post bk-filers (and if you had a lawyer, you could ask them, as they would likely also know and be familiar with some), and the list is growing by the day.

Because of the economy, everyone's credit is at least a little tarnished, and a lot of car dealers are desperate to just sell anything given the tough times, so it's becoming more common. But your score is in the six hundreds and you are more than a year out, I would actually be surprised if you got turned away from most non-luxury dealers. You might have a higher interest rate, but they still want your money

Others have suggested getting pre-approved from the accounting department BEFORE looking at any specific models. You can just ask for the financing department, explain to them your financial situation, and see if they can preapprove you, up to a certain amount. That can help you determine how much car you can afford there.
        Last edited by BKlooker; 12-15-2010, 07:37 PM.
        Ch7 no asset Filed 11/23 341 12/21 discharged: 2/22/11 I am soooo totally not a lawyer, but i wish i had married one! Does that count for anything?

Comment

Originally posted by outsidetool View Post
          Not quite 2 years out of BK7 I had heard that Volkswagen Credit was pretty open to financing post BK. Now, frankly, I like Ford...unfortunately I had a loan with them when I filed and they turned out eating a big chunk. I have always liked VW cars in general, though was always a bit leary of their overall quality. Anyway, I decided I liked the Jetta. Went in with $2000 cash and got financed for the balance of $21000 with 5.6%. Payment around $400/m. I had no trade-in, had been driving a 2005 Neon previously which I elected to keep around as a "spare" car. I love my VW, and while several people have told me that it will turn evil on me the second the manufacturer warranty is up, that's fine. I may very well trade in for another one. It's kinda like a less expensive BMW 3 series.
          You know, I had heard some similar things as well. I actually at one point wanted a Beetle, but I saw a ton of negative reviews so I changed my mind.
          I may be smarter than an attorney, but I'm not one. No legal advice here, people.
          Filed Ch. 7 pro se on 10/22/10 341 on 11/19/10 Report of No Distribution Filed on 11/19/10 Discharged 1/19/11 Closed 2/2/11

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X