No announcement yet.

Judgment after discharge and protest of discharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael Moore is the guy who does all of those controversial documentary-type movies ... Google him and his films, this would be right up his alley!

Comment

Not likely that we would work with Michael Moore. Most of his stuff is not believable, and is dismissed by anyone who knows anything about the real workings of businesses and the legal profession. It's mostly just propaganda.

Comment

You've got all the inner workings of a sexy film, one in which a controversial type producer could bring a lot of attention. So what if his stuff is propaganda according to many people ... you've already said the story you have is unlikely to be believed/unfolded for the authorities due to the massive cover-up and corrupt practice. You want to get the story out there -- what's wrong with bringing it to someone who attracts a LOT of attention?

At any rate, if you can find someone to listen to your story and move forward with such a project - go for it, even if it is Michael Moore.

Comment

Thanks for your support. AbbeyA. You make an excellent point. I am working on writing a story that could be turned into a film script, and have made a few contacts in Beverly Hills through one of the investors who tried to buy the project but was rejected by the bank lawyer who was "saving" it for her buddies. Apparently, that investor is furious about what went down; he even had a verbal deal to buy out the note at one point through a different branch of the bank and the lawyer overruled it, then sold it to her buddy really quick when she found out (and apparently at less than half what he offered for it). He is apparently the third investor who tried to buy the note and ran into the bank lawyer blocking all comers from even making a written offer.

Comment

Update to the conspiracy and con game that I have written about in this thread and others. We are now out of bankruptcy but with a $777,000+ summary judgment hanging over our heads. My husband just wants to try to put all this behind him, but still will have provide testimony to stay that judgment in the lawsuits that are being brought against the design firm's insurance company, the title company, etc.

Remember the realtor I wrote about who worked on the project and who was hit with a default judgment two days after his surgery when his doctor said he was not well enough to appear in court and his request for delay refused (he was representing himself - pro se)? The judge said it was a waste of his time to postpone the case because he didn't have a lawyer and the outcome would be the same anyway. The poor man and his family have been living on charity, his surgery was paid by Medicaid, he is in an apartment donated by a friend, and getting food stamps, both he and his wife, who is disabled as well, are trying to work through the paperwork to qualify for disability payments. I just found out tonight that the judgment against him ($142,000) was being enforced by the sheriff's office Friday. The deputies showed up at his house to seize everything - furniture, clothing, old truck. the sheriff said he had never received an order like this before, and could not believe he was being ordered to strip someone so thoroughly of basically worthless property to anyone else. He managed to get the deputy to wait until Tuesday, because apparently the only way he can avoid the seizure of it all is to file bankruptcy, and he doesn't have enough money to do that. His wife is suicidal. The bankruptcy lawyer told him it would cost $1,490, and if he could get that amount by Tuesday, he would do it. I am trying to get a few hundred together out of my social security check to help, but don't know whether we can get enough together. I simply cannot understand people like this rich lawyer and her banker boss who apparently have been running this scam to steal commercial properties all over the Midwest and destroy people like this to line their own pockets. How do they even live with themselves?

Comment

jjim, thank you for the update. But in the future, please break your posts up into paragraphs that the members can easily read. I am not a member of the texting generation where everything is essentially a long, run-on sentence.

Thank you
              "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Angelina...I cannot text or read them either, but I understand how, when bad things, evil things, happen, writing skills go straight to hell. Been there, done it!

OP: I can't understand it either. The thing is, that no one outside the little circle can grasp or believe what is being perpetrated. No one WANTS to believe it.

That said, I do believe it, because something very similar is happening to me. No one believes that I could have been evicted from home that I own, having paid off the mortgage in 2003. No one believes that there was a forced sale to an insider (of my X) despite their being a higher contract on the property. No one believes that my homestead exemption, ordered by the bk court to be paid to me, wasn't paid. And everyone is tryingn to sweep it under the carpet...hoping that I'll move, die, or commit suicide. this is what seems to be happening to your friends.

I'm so sorry. Have you tried to get the media involved? (I know : that too is very difficult)

Comment

CoBelle, I was wondering how things are going, nice to see you post.

Sorry for all of this you are going through jjim. I don't think anyone really knows what to say except it's hard to believe something like all of that can really happen to "regular" people. I do appreciate your updates of what is going on, please keep us informed.

I'm sure it is nearly impossible to take a breath without having the weight of all of this crushing it, but you are alive and have family to love and love you. Take care of yourself and hang in there.

Comment

Thanks, Angelina Cat. Will try to do so in the future.

Thanks for your kind thoughts, AbbeyA. It really is hard to believe the corruption that is out there, all of it covered up by the legal profession and the courts. Innocent until proven guilty no longer exists, and forcing people into bankruptcy so that they can't afford a lawyer has become a very real tactic for the lawyers without a conscience.

A followup: the poor man whose possessions were being seized still has his belongings. The local sheriff, after walking around the apartment, finally realized that he would be seizing nothing of value and would simply have to take everything to the dump, so he didn't take it. However, the poor man was taken to the emergency room shortly after that. He has other health conditions as well as the heart condition. If he dies, I will consider the people in this conspiracy to be murderers.

Comment

Just thought I would post the latest in my bankruptcy story, for any of you who may be interested.

I was just approached by a person who lives in the area where my family's construction company was building the project that took us down. He said that we were destroyed because the attorney who represented the majority partner was heavily involved with the planning and zoning commission and the people who controlled it. Before we were even on the project, construction permits had been issued for the 10 story towers, and were grandfathered in.

There appeared to be contingents battling to limit the height of all new projects in the area to 7 stories. At the time the project was started, they could not pass that ordinance. During the course of our construction work, those contingents finally managed to get that limit passed for all future construction. They could not make it retroactive, so they secretly decided that they would stop the project and force it to be torn down as an eyesore when not completed. They made up a bunch of false allegations, enlisted a firm to take those allegations to the bank with the construction loan on the project, and made side promises to the majority stockholder if he would go along with it.

The scheme would not have worked if the majority partner had not been tied irrevocably to this attorney. but he was apparently deeply indebted to that attorney for winning a multi-million dollar lawsuit against his own former law partners, was promised by the bank foreclosure attorney that they would not go after his personal guarantees, and had turned his affairs related to in the project over to that attorney.

What they used to convince the bank foreclosure attorney to go along and make the scheme work is not clear, but the president of the big regional bank at that time is now involved in building a similar project, but seven stories, in the area on a property that was also put into foreclosure and seized.

Some people are so evil that they do not care how many lives they destroy to get their own way. Being attorneys, they are protected by law from ever being found out and can operate through verbal fraud with impunity.
                      Last edited by jjim120; 07-18-2011, 10:15 AM.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X