PACER-Section 521 Incomplete Filings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PACER-Section 521 Incomplete Filings

Just filed last week and looked on PACER. Under Deadlines/Hearings, I see "Section 521 Incomplete Filings.. Event filed Dec 16, 2010, Due/Set 1/30/2010.. then Terminated 12/17/2010...

What does this mean?

Originally posted by LynnD View Post
    Just filed last week and looked on PACER. Under Deadlines/Hearings, I see "Section 521 Incomplete Filings.. Event filed Dec 16, 2010, Due/Set 1/30/2010.. then Terminated 12/17/2010...

What does this mean?
    Lynn, did you click on the little blue number next to that notice? You should open that document and read it. It should tell you if there was something missing in your petition. It's possible that something was overlooked by a clerk and they entered the incomplete filing, but then they found the item and terminated that incomplete filing....just guessing though. I'd look at the document to see what it says.
    Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

It means that you are in compliance. It's a tickler for 11 USC 521 which is basically about you filing ALL necessary forms within 45 days of filing, or have your case dismissed.

Are you pro se?
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Justbroke.. yes I am pro se..... do does this mean all is ok?

I'm thinking maybe it auto lists it and then since all my forms are there, it terminated the next day (after filing)?

Comment

Justbroke.. yes I am pro se..... do does this mean all is ok?

I'm thinking maybe it auto lists it and then since all my forms are there, it terminated the next day (after filing)?
          Originally posted by me
          It means that you are in compliance.
          Yes... it means that you are ok... in compliance. Yes, the 11 USC 521 compliance "tickler" is automatically placed on the docket upon filing. It takes them at least a day to verify that all your paperwork is okay.

How it "usually" works is that the "intake" clerks receive your petition, either in hand or by mail. They then "hand" check it and re-order the pages. They then scan it in and it goes into a "processing" queue for the Case Manager. Your Case Manager then releases it and will check that you are in compliance with all the requirements. This can take a day or more. For example, mine took 16 days because I filed a Chapter 13 petition without my Plan. The day after I filed the plan (day 15) they entered an entry on the docket showing me in compliance with 11 USC 521.

You are good as far as the correct paperwork. This doesn't mean that you are entitled to a discharge, are not subject to audit, have not made a frivolous or serial filing, or anything else related to adjudication of your case. It simply means that you filed all the correct forms.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
            It means that you are in compliance. It's a tickler for 11 USC 521 which is basically about you filing ALL necessary forms within 45 days of filing, or have your case dismissed.

Are you pro se?
            jb - does that 45 days include the necessary certificate of credit counseling? What about the debtor education class?
            Filed Ch 7 Pro Se 11-18-2010 341 Meeting 12-16-2010 Discharged 2-15-2011
            New Job 7-2011

Comment

Originally posted by chicagoannie View Post
              jb - does that 45 days include the necessary certificate of credit counseling? What about the debtor education class?
              The 45 days includes only the credit counseling certificate... aka the "first" course. It does not include the "financial" education class required for discharge.

Comment

Hi all,

...thought I would throw in that the financial management class (2nd class) has to done and filed by 45 days after the 341 meeting

45 days seems to be a popular deadline in BK....

Tom in Colo
                Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

I appreciate the info about the financial mgmt class deadline, jb and Tom - 45 days after the 341 it is!
                  Filed Ch 7 Pro Se 11-18-2010 341 Meeting 12-16-2010 Discharged 2-15-2011
                  New Job 7-2011

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X