top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

List Original Account, Collection Agency & Attorney for SAME ACCOUNT in Schedule F?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

List Original Account, Collection Agency & Attorney for SAME ACCOUNT in Schedule F?

When listing creditors in Schedule F, the same account might be listed several times. EX: the actual account, then a Collection Agency and possibly an Attorney.

I know you want to list all 3, but would you put in the "Amount of Claim" $ for each one (3 times) or just leave the amount blank for the Collection Agency and Attorney and refer it back to the original claim?

Thanks

Put the amounts. It can be different amounts, too. Maybe at the time of charge-off it was less than what it is now with the collection agency. Better more info than less.
    Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

we had american express list our account 6 times............3x's for each of us and we listed EVERY ONE of them.....i was even asked by the trustee's office but i said if american express is reporting 6 accounts so are we...(we had one account by the way).....however, tricky they were using DIFFERENT addresses...what a ploy. what so american express could come back and say we were never property notified...NOT!

you are best off to list everyone...and i mean every single person you may owe...make sure you have the correct address, as the service of the notice is vital in this process.

i was also asked about our high amount of consumer debt from the trustee office and i asked to look at the petition and many of the accounts were listed twice, as that is exactly how they came off the credit report...it was no problem and i know the trustee's office understood once i explained why we listed it that way.
      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

I threw them all in there, clickman, amount on every line, sailed through the process w/ nary a peep...I did it b/c I didn't know who actually owned the debt and who was just collecting on it...and given the honesty of the average collection company I didn't want to bother to find out!

Tom in Colo
        Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

Unless you are in a chapter 13 where the amount of debt can become an issue, in general, you list the original creditor with the amount. All the associated collection agencies you list, but list as "notice only" with no amount indicated on schedule F. But, if you list an amount each time, not a big deal in a chapter 7.

Comment

Originally posted by HHM View Post
            Unless you are in a chapter 13 where the amount of debt can become an issue, in general, you list the original creditor with the amount. All the associated collection agencies you list, but list as "notice only" with no amount indicated on schedule F. But, if you list an amount each time, not a big deal in a chapter 7.
            that was exactly how we listed it with a "rounded" off high number to the creditor (since one never knows what late charges and fees were)....and used amount as "unknown"....to any agency affiliated with the debt. it was told to me the actual amount was not as important as listing the correct address for proper notification....account number etc....but i wanted it ALL....just so nothing would come back to bite us..
            8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X