top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

repeated 341 meeting lasted until november - when will be my discharge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

repeated 341 meeting lasted until november - when will be my discharge?

i initially filed may 18 of this year and my first 341 was then scheduled during the week of 4th of july! it was continued in aug, then in sept and oct and lastly in november. between sept and oct, UST filed a motion to dimiss the case due to abuse and withdrew it before my november hearing. judge dismiss the motion to dismiss my chapter 7 before the nov hearing. i have not heard from them and my lawyer also did an inquiry and have not heard from court. my lawyer said wait for the letter from court indicating discharge. i check the pacer site and my status still says "awaiting 341 hearing" and if i check if terminated, it says "awaiting termination"..... my case has been open for more than 106 days. do i have to wait another 60-90 days from november or from initial hearing? how long do i still have to wait? anyone there with a similar issue?

Hi jekjek,

In theory, the creditor objection deadline and discharge order are 60 days after the 1st scheduled 341. I am not sure what happens when the UST gets involved, but hopefully some of the more knowledgeable folks can chime in....

Mainly wanted to say sorry you had to be drug through this mess, hope it all works out OK in the end!

Tom in Colo
    Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

It seems that Kalifornia is really dragging these out. I feel very fortunate not to have to go through what you have been through. Just to put the timeline into prospective, our case is fairly strait forward and an asset case. We filed 6 months ago and not a peep from anyone. Still waiting...

Comment

do you have any suggestions as to what step to do next? my case is still awaiting discharge at 113 days status to date...

Comment

It appears that something is wrong on the docket, like a flag that is interfering with the discharge. Your attorney should be in contact with the Clerk to figure out what flag is holding up the discharge. If that then requires communication with the Trustee or United States Trustee (UST), then your attorney should be doing this.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X