No announcement yet.

Is anyone else alone in the planning aspect --- spouse isn't helping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sorry! I get so frustrated with people and careless errors because you're NOT LISTENING!!! That's my pet peeve in life!

Most of the errors -- well, all of them, won't make a difference as far as the end result -- but it's still wrong. The amounts they have listed as what our two houses are worth are wrong -- about $60,000 off (each). We're surrendering both, so I don't know that this really matters - but it's still not the figures I gave them. Union dues are wrong. Tax return amount is WAY OFF! They've got my husband listed as a signer for "emergency proposes only" -- spelling errors is another pet peeve of mine - c'mon, it's a legal document --- but with his "brother." Um, his brother has been dead for 13 years - it's with his MOTHER!. Our salary amounts on the Schedule I are off -- not sure how she came up with them. Life insurance premiums and disability insurance premiums not listed on expenses. Self employment income is listed as my husband's - it's MINE. Essentially, our DMI is probably worse than what they have, so it won't change things -- but the documents aren't correct. UGH!
    04/01/10 - Hit rock bottom and knew we were going to have to file for bankruptcy and surrender our home. 12/14/10 - Filed Chapter 7, 02/09/11 - 341 Hearing, 04/14/11 -

Comment

what...did we go to the same law firm?? LOL!!!

i mean i know i am a bit OCD...but come on now...get those numbers RIGHT please...

our atty kept assuring me, it didn't make any difference...ok i said...then fine, if it makes NO difference i want the right numbers please!!

what is with these people???? and it's NOT just that they do not listen, but it's written for them in black and white....
      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

That is the single most important piece of advice I can give anyone

Bring your big file with all of your documents with you to your 341

Originally posted by ssmdem View Post
        Thank you -- I do plan on bringing my big old file with me to the 341 -- even though she said, "Oh, you just need your SS card, driver's license, and December bank statement." I'll have those, but I'm going to have everything else too.
        Chapter 7 filed 11/4/10 ---- 341 Meeting 12/1/10 ---- Discharge 1/31/2011.

Comment

Originally posted by Fallonedward View Post
          That is the single most important piece of advice I can give anyone

Bring your big file with all of your documents with you to your 341
          i asked the atty...he said bring nothing..........LOL!!!!!! i brought everything including the kitchen sink....

i didn't need anything tho...but our case was already reviewed prior to the 341 so we did have a list of questioned asked but did not have to produce anything....thankfully...but i had it ...had we needed it...just in case!
          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

I was told my my attorney not to bring the big brown super sized file with me as well, (LOL) good thing I did since the attorney forgot to scan a bunch of important paperwork with our filing and our trustee was being a stickler on having everything in his hands at the 341. So I was able to produce everything he asked for and I was rewarded with an awaiting discharge as my status the next day on Pacer.

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
            i asked the atty...he said bring nothing..........LOL!!!!!! i brought everything including the kitchen sink....

i didn't need anything tho...but our case was already reviewed prior to the 341 so we did have a list of questioned asked but did not have to produce anything....thankfully...but i had it ...had we needed it...just in case!
            Chapter 7 filed 11/4/10 ---- 341 Meeting 12/1/10 ---- Discharge 1/31/2011.

Comment

Originally posted by Fallonedward View Post
              I was told my my attorney not to bring the big brown super sized file with me as well, (LOL) good thing I did since the attorney forgot to scan a bunch of important paperwork with our filing and our trustee was being a stickler on having everything in his hands at the 341. So I was able to produce everything he asked for and I was rewarded with an awaiting discharge as my status the next day on Pacer.
              goes to show.....better to always be prepared!!!!

the kitchen sink was in the trunk...LOL!!

Comment

Hi all !

Just wanted to chime in w/ my public service announcement on shopping for attorneys.....

Work ethic is one of the top three complaints....dot every i, cross every t or 'good enough' Everything filed in order or piles of paper

Definitely something to discuss at the consultation!

Of course, fat lot of help that does you now ssdem, or tobee....

Tom in Colo

ps: the other 2 in the top 3 three are communication style and exactly what does the retainer cover/what is extra
                Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

I still really like my attorney -- just wishing now I had asked to see the documents that were making up the bottom line figures before we left the office that day. I assumed the information I had given them had been keyed in correctly, as the figures were ABOUT what I expected anyway, so had no real reason to question it then. But now that I've got it all in front of me, I don't know why some stuff was left off and why some was listed the way it was. Again, I don't think it's going to make a difference in the end result -- so maybe I'm just being picky -- but since I can't honestly answer that question, "Have you reviewed your file and is everything correct?" with a yes, I would like it changed so that I can. I feel certain they will - might grumble about me behind my back but that's okay. She did change some stuff there on the spot that I did notice when we were signing the papers -- guess that should have been a clue that there might be other stuff somewhere else -- live and learn I guess.
                  04/01/10 - Hit rock bottom and knew we were going to have to file for bankruptcy and surrender our home. 12/14/10 - Filed Chapter 7, 02/09/11 - 341 Hearing, 04/14/11 -

Comment

Originally posted by ssmdem View Post
                    I still really like my attorney -- just wishing now I had asked to see the documents that were making up the bottom line figures before we left the office that day. I assumed the information I had given them had been keyed in correctly, as the figures were ABOUT what I expected anyway, so had no real reason to question it then. But now that I've got it all in front of me, I don't know why some stuff was left off and why some was listed the way it was. Again, I don't think it's going to make a difference in the end result -- so maybe I'm just being picky -- but since I can't honestly answer that question, "Have you reviewed your file and is everything correct?" with a yes, I would like it changed so that I can. I feel certain they will - might grumble about me behind my back but that's okay. She did change some stuff there on the spot that I did notice when we were signing the papers -- guess that should have been a clue that there might be other stuff somewhere else -- live and learn I guess.
                    ssm...don't blame yourself....shoot you hire these people because you are suppose to "trust" them...and actually...and i have told this story before and most likely will tell it again and again....our atty showed up looking like a college kid coming from a phat party with his entire zipper down.....wrinkled and drawn....what a mess...but he knew his stuff.....that's all i can say...now..as far as his staff...they did make errors...my job..as an OCD...check everyone's work ...again and again...LOL!!!!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X