A question on payments?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A question on payments?

So from what I recall we have not made any one payment over 1k to any creditor in the last year all at once. We had ONE payment (for our heat that was 1k) and we've obviously made additional payments on this account. I like being warm in the winter. We also paid our Iowa taxes which were way late and the total was right around 1100.00 but we made payments on this the highest of which was paid in Dec. and was 585 dollars or so. We will file in Feb. Are they looking only at big lump sum payments over 1k or will they take all payments into account. All of our cc and other unsecured debt were receiving payments at this time as well through credit gaurd of america. Will that make a difference? Only one account has had no payments and that was a medical bill to take my son to a pediatric cardiologist in Oct. This was a completely unexpected expense and he was uninsured at the time.

Preference payments are payments to insiders or unsecured creditors.
    Things like utility bills or property taxes are no issue.
    If, the trustee has an issue with payments made to unsecured creditors, he'll go after them for the return of the money. It'll have no affect on your case.

Comment

i'm with keepmine on this one....you have a right to heat and not freeze to death...and your child has the right for medical care...

i know it's hard, but try not to worry about it for now...they are looking for unusual type of large payments....not emergency doctors, or utilities or other "need" items.
      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Well the 1k payment to the propane was made in September or the first week in October anyway. However the tax payments were made in Oct for 300 something, Nov for 250 and Dec for 585 ish. These were for my state income taxes. They wouldn't have been dischargeable in a BK anyway I don't think.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X