top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help....I'm flipping out again about the impending foreclosure.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help....I'm flipping out again about the impending foreclosure.

Timeline for me....(surrending my home)

Oct 27th - Filed BK
    Oct 31st - Wells Fargo sent Notice of Intent to foreclose.
    Dec 6th - 341 - advised surrending home
    Jan 3rd - Wells Fargo request Motion for relief of stay, with hearing date scheduled Feb 4th

I'm sure the lift will be granted, I hopefully will be discharged on Feb 6th anyway.

Anyway, the Notice of Intent said I had 45 days to pay up basically.
    1. Does the 45 days now start on the 4th of Feb? I would think the filing of bankruptcy stopped the days until they get the motion granted, correct?

I guess somewhere along the way I had this little dream that they'd forget about me and this whole foreclosure!

well, i know we got one of those from chase.....

and it's 2.9 years later and they still have NOT completed the foreclosure....however, we vacated the premises. also, i would check your local sheriff's website to see how fast they are moving...it that's the process you your state...which i believe Maryland is a "Judicial" state....which means you can drag it for some type via the court system if need be.

i know this is scary....and you see these important looking papers...but it takes them time. check the site...see what the time periods or the movements have been in your area...they are in no hurry anymore to get you out that fast and you can also bide some time.
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

I tried our local sheriff's website and county website and can't seem to find ANYTHING on foreclosures. I'm scared, I want this over, but want more money saved for the rental deposit and emergencies in the future. I don't know if I can handle this stress of waiting it out.

I don't know why they would bother with a motion to lift the stay and a hearing on Feb 4th, when I should be discharged Feb 6th, if all goes well.

btw - thanks for the reply

Comment

I'm almost scared to actually try to function as an adult again! With rent, payments, etc....I did it for over 20 years pretty well, but these last few had me crying like a little girl!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Panacea View Post
          I'm almost scared to actually try to function as an adult again! With rent, payments, etc....I did it for over 20 years pretty well, but these last few had me crying like a little girl!!!!!!
          ahhhhhhhh panacea.....i know it seems like it will never end...but i promise you it will....

and you never know...we left our home after being in it for over 33 years...and it ended up being the BEST decision we ever made...you'll be fine.

and you will have some time to get yourself together....i don't know about maryland but in nj it was a 90 day to vacate notice ....once the foreclosure process was completed and that takes time...really...i knew someone that stayed in their home over 2 years!!! i'm certain you'll have at least a few months to get it together and YOU WILL!!!!

just hold on a bit longer it will soon be over and a start to a better life.. i do understand and know exactly how you feel, and i do know the tears and fears...but i promise you they will pass...and the sun really will shine again!!

chin up!
          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Thanks! I'm trying to hang......its getting tough, but the one thing I remind myself of daily is that this WILL be over soon. Its just getting hard, all the hits and getting back up, just to get knocked down again. My daughters dad just informed me he will no longer pay for her sport....which btw is about 300 a month (due to his being an *******!) He couldn't get me on the child support since it was court ordered, so he cut those funds. It only hurts her and now she doesn't want to see him anymore, and all I want to do is pay for it, but I can't pull the money out from anywhere. I'm hoping for miracles here, but I'd just settle for a break. Sorry to ramble....My New Years resolution was to focus on the good, but all I want to do is punch someone in the face today!

Comment

Thanks! I'm trying to hang......its getting tough, but the one thing I remind myself of daily is that this WILL be over soon. Its just getting hard, all the hits and getting back up, just to get knocked down again. My daughters dad just informed me he will no longer pay for her sport....which btw is about 300 a month (due to his being an *******!) He couldn't get me on the child support since it was court ordered, so he cut those funds. It only hurts her and now she doesn't want to see him anymore, and all I want to do is pay for it, but I can't pull the money out from anywhere. I'm hoping for miracles here, but I'd just settle for a break. Sorry to ramble....My New Years resolution was to focus on the good, but all I want to do is punch someone in the face today!
              we all have days like that....so you are NOT alone....

cutting her sport activity money stinks....and you should be upset..i know i would be.

you are upset for REAL problems here...and it's only natural for you to have to let it out, it's sometimes hard to focus on the "good" when you have a "bad" day....

Comment

Thanks, I actually feel a little better just reading your comments. It'll be okay, I know....I actually believe it will be better once its all said and done, though I forget every now and then. I just hope my daughter makes it through without ending up on Dr Phil or Oprah in her adult years talking about this mess!!!

Comment

Thanks, I actually feel a little better just reading your comments. It'll be okay, I know....I actually believe it will be better once its all said and done, though I forget every now and then. I just hope my daughter makes it through without ending up on Dr Phil or Oprah in her adult years talking about this mess!!!
                  you are too funny....nope she will NOT be on dr phill...(don't know who that is...) or oprah although i don't watch tv as such....movies yes....but....i DO know her...so i'm using the same baseline here...however, the ONLY reason she'd be on that show is to show how strong and wonderful a mommy can be when faced with adversity... ok....i could watch that show....LOL!!

Comment

Timeline for me....(surrending my home)

Oct 27th - Filed BK
                    Oct 31st - Wells Fargo sent Notice of Intent to foreclose.
                    Dec 6th - 341 - advised surrending home
                    Jan 3rd - Wells Fargo request Motion for relief of stay, with hearing date scheduled Feb 4th

I'm sure the lift will be granted, I hopefully will be discharged on Feb 6th anyway.

Anyway, the Notice of Intent said I had 45 days to pay up basically.
                    1. Does the 45 days now start on the 4th of Feb? I would think the filing of bankruptcy stopped the days until they get the motion granted, correct?

I guess somewhere along the way I had this little dream that they'd forget about me and this whole foreclosure!
                    Hey there, good to hear the update that you are nearing discharge. Good for you!

As for the foreclosure, can find a foreclosure case from your lender in your courts system (or one in your state even) that has gone through the whole process and closed/completed? I just did this today in a different county to see if my lender was making progress anywhere (nothing in my county since June). When I look under actions I can see a play-by-play with dates for each step. I'm not sure how things work in your state but if it is a judicial state it might give you an idea.

As for your daughter's sports funds, that sux royally! Could you request a fee waiver for a month while you try to figure things out? I know a lot of programs that have the ability to help you out a bit when things are difficult when kids are involved.

Hang in there! You are so close and very soon you'll be discharged and out of the house and into a nice rental that you make home. You'll have a fresh start and be a stronger wiser woman for it.
                    Stopped paying 8/2010, Filed 2/2011, 341 3/2011 done, Report of no distribution . . . Discharged & Closed 5/2011!

Comment

you might have some time...when was your last house payment made?

Comment

Hi Panacea,

.....breath....hold....exhale slowly...relax...

Maryland Foreclosure Process:
                        Loan default
                        90 days
                        Notice of intent to foreclose
                        45 days
                        File in count circuit court, serve you
                        45 days
                        ...in the meantime, advertise the sale 3X in local newspaper, give notice of sale to you
                        Sale on scheduled date, another advertisment
                        ..up to 30 days later, court ratifies sale, title transfers
                        Motion for judgement of possession filed
                        30 days to respond
                        Get writ of eviction, judge sets an eviction date
                        Out you go.....

The motion to lift stay is standard-operating-procedure for a mortgage lender in a BK, probably a CYA move. Nothing you have to bother with...

Good luck w. all you are going through, hang in there!!

Tom in Colo
                        Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

You can go to the courts and file a motion. If he has paid this in the past (sport activities) then he needs to continue to do so. The courts want what is in the best interest of the children and what he is doing is using your daughter as pawn by saying he wont pay for this if 'this' doesn't happen. Not good in the eyes of the courts because it is viewed as a type of abuse (emotional).

Good luck to you and your family!
                          My kids better not put my FICO score on my headstone~ (quote by dspii)

Comment

Originally posted by dneil View Post
                            You can go to the courts and file a motion. If he has paid this in the past (sport activities) then he needs to continue to do so. The courts want what is in the best interest of the children and what he is doing is using your daughter as pawn by saying he wont pay for this if 'this' doesn't happen. Not good in the eyes of the courts because it is viewed as a type of abuse (emotional).

Good luck to you and your family!
                            see there...tom has given you PLENTY of time.....and

deneil has given you the advise on how to stall....really i know someone that knew they were NOT staying and ended up in the house 2 years.....so...this is going to fine for you! you'll have time to save up some money....and get a nice place that you can afford and breath free!

Comment

Thanks ya'll! I'm taking a step back and thinking about all of this and your comments. No crazy decisions today since it seems I have a little time! Just can't WAIT till all this crap is over.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X