top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Filed today, should I call IRS to notify?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filed today, should I call IRS to notify?

I was supposed to mail in some paperwork to IRS a few weeks ago but decided not to since I was in the process of filing. Should I call them with case # or just wait for them to be notified by mail?

Was the IRS included in your filing? If so, before you do anything as to contacting them, check with your attorney.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Yes I included them. I filed pro se, no attorney. Guess I should have posted under pro se. Thx

Comment

Hi mcjcbk,

Posting in pro-se is a good idea, but if you filed a Ch 7 you are more than welcome here too!

From experience, I don't think a phone call would do any good, they usually want to get something official in the mail.

That said, going pro-se in a BK with the IRS and taxes is a formidable task, I would want all the help I could get including from the IRS. I would be searching for relevant IRS pubs and calling the problem resolution person at the closest field office.

A lot probably depends on what was in the paperwork you were supposed to send a couple weeks ago....
        And what actions the IRS was taking before/after they didn't get the paperwork....
        And if you are trying to discharge any taxes...

Welcome aboard, keep asking questions and let us know how things turn out for you!

Tom in Colo
        Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

Yes it was a Chapter 7. I was to send in Form 433-F Collection Information Stmt bcz I couldn't afford to pay what they were asking. I was to send that in with acopies of utility bills and bank statements...Since my last conversation with them I have not gotten anything in the mail or any Notice of Lien. I was actually suppose to call back today to verify that they had received all my paperwork!? I am trying to discharge about $7800 from 2003, 2004 and 2006

Comment

Hi again mcjcbk,

That doesn't sound too bad at all. Did you find and follow the rules for getting past taxes discharged? (penalties, interest?) If you did I would just make sure that the address you were going to send form 433-F to was the same one listed in the BK.

I was actually suppose to call back today to verify that they had received all my paperwork!? ...just for fun I would call and want to verify they rec'd my BK notice...

Looking good, hope things go well, I have seen several posts about the IRS being real cooperative in BK cases....

Tom in Col
            Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X