top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What can the trustee do after discharge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JEM View Post
    Is it always the safest bet to exempt everything you can, just to be sure? As I said above, we have plenty of room with the unused homestead and the wildcard, so would it make sense to just cover our rears and exempt wages for the few days?
    Always use exemptions on everything. I even declared my exemption on vehicles where I had no equity! When I converted to Chapter 7, one of them actually had equity at that point and the prior Exemption of $1K I used (under Florida Statute 222.24) came in handy! No arguments from the Trustee.

It's just always a good thing. We have had BKForum members who later discover that their car, boat, camper never was properly titled (or liened) and was unsecured! Only to have the Trustee take it. So, just use your exemptions to protect everything that they can.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
      Always use exemptions on everything. I even declared my exemption on vehicles where I had no equity! When I converted to Chapter 7, one of them actually had equity at that point and the prior Exemption of $1K I used (under Florida Statute 222.24) came in handy! No arguments from the Trustee.

It's just always a good thing. We have had BKForum members who later discover that their car, boat, camper never was properly titled (or liened) and was unsecured! Only to have the Trustee take it. So, just use your exemptions to protect everything that they can.
      Thank you! That's my thinking as well. I want to cover *everything* with exemptions. It will make me feel better knowing that there *shouldn't * be any surprises with the trustee wanting to take anything we assumed would be safe.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X