Need to ammend my address after filing chp 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to ammend my address after filing chp 7

We had our 341 meeting the other day and informed our lawyer that we had moved, he told us we would have to ammend it and he is charging us $275.00 to do it. is this something that we should just go ahead and pay or can we save and do it ourselves?

What!! You must have heard the attny wrong. $275.00 to file a Notice of Change of Address. No way.

Go to your bk court's web site and find the download forms. One form will be a "Notice of Change of Address". Fill it out and mail the original and one copy along with a self addressed stamped envelope to the Court (The Court will mail back a "conformed" copy.)

Also send a copy to the Trustee and your attorney.

By the way. . . I don't charge to file such a Notice as it takes a whopping five minutes to type and electronically file.

Des.

Comment

Good Lord! I hope there is a decimal point slip there...even $27.50 is high for what it takes...fill out the form, mail to court, that easy.

Tom in Colo
      Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X