1-11-11 341 Done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1-11-11 341 Done

Had the 341 today and it went really good.

My wife had cried all morning and as we entered the court house but she was a rock during the meeting with Trustee. I was really proud of her.

Funny enough a good friend was also there, what a small world.

I forgot to take my poket knife out of my pocket and had to sprint back to the car. I had every document we could need but forgot this detail and could not make it past security, felt cool about that.

One creditor showed for us and several others. Tire shop, thing was I had taken fairly new tires back to them when I knew that I was going to file. I felt it was the right thing to do no matter how much pain and time was involved in doing so. Paid off today when the creditor showed and that was what I was able to tell her.

So glad we are done and so greatful to all of you. I will always be a memeber of this site, not what I expected to feel the first time I stopped by, but wow what a great community.

Thanks again.

Mike
    + Filed 12/06/10 + 341 1/11/11 + Discharge set 3/14/11 We can't go back and make a brand new start, We can start now and make a brand new ending" "People who don't have Control of their cash flow make people who do rich."

Congrats on the smooth 341. Give your wife a big hug for being brave through it. Thanks for sharing your experience, and congrats on your entrance into the 60 day club
    Last edited by free2breathe; 01-12-2011, 12:50 AM. Reason: spellcheck
    Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Thanks free2breathe. I will give her that hug, she is great.

Conrats on your recent Discharge.

All the Best

Mike
      + Filed 12/06/10 + 341 1/11/11 + Discharge set 3/14/11 We can't go back and make a brand new start, We can start now and make a brand new ending" "People who don't have Control of their cash flow make people who do rich."

Comment

great news mike and welcome to the 60 day club!!! may you time pass quickly!!!
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Congratulations to both you and your wife.

At our 341, 'Hub forgot his cell phone in his pocket. He had to go back to the car also. Luckily we were there well over an hour early...
          "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Congrats Mike. I did the same thing as your wife, I was so nervous and worried, my husband kept asking me if I would be okay through it, but after watching a few other cases before us, it put my mind at ease and I got through it without anyone knowing that I was scared to death. Although my husband complained about going 1.5 hours earlier than we had to be there, I was so glad we did, that way I knew what to expect as far as questions from the Trustee. Welcome to the 60 day club!
            Filed Ch 7: 11/2010 and 03/2011 and closed

Comment

That is so weird, at the courthouse in GR MI there were no metal detectors of any kind. I had my cell phone and everything. I guess each courthouse is different.
              Anyhow Welcome to the day club.
              Filed:11/2010
              341 Meeting:1/5/2011
              Discharge:3/2011

Comment

Nice job with the tires too. Congrats!
                There are two secrets for success in life:
                1.) Never tell everything you know.

Comment

Thanks and the same to you, it looks like you are a week ahead of us. I was really proud of my wife. We arrived early as well but not as much as you guys, but we did get to watch 3 others before we were up. It sounds like you guys did great. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

We had the full blown security, two check points as well. No problems with the cell phone but I know better than the poket knife, just had my mind on other things. I think that you are right each court is different.

Thanks again.

Comment

Thanks debee. taking the tires back before we gave the vehicle back was VERY hard but it was the right thing to do. I had no idea that a creditor would shoe and that doing what I felt was right would pay back like it did. The meeting was stressful, having to meet with the creditor after was worse but it felt great to look her in the eye and tell her that I did the best that I could with a bad situation. She turned super nice at that point and the meeting was done. I think she was really surprised.

Do people eever ask you what item number 2 is on your signature line? LOL.

Comment

that is so cool mike. You guys can both relax now. Welcome to the 60 day club
                        Where i had my 341...was in the city council room at the city hall.
                        No security here. Just TONS of signs to turn off your cell phone.
                        filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
                        "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
                          Congratulations to both you and your wife.

At our 341, 'Hub forgot his cell phone in his pocket. He had to go back to the car also. Luckily we were there well over an hour early...

Weird my reply did to you did not show up. If this ends up as dup I am sorry. Thanks a ton for the congrats. the wierd thing is they did not care about the cell phones here. We are diving a 1995 Civic ( the price is right and great gas milage) but it is one of the 10 most stolen cars in Tacoma area so i really did not want to leave my cell or anything of valuebehind. Not likley to be stolen but ya never know. What a story go to your 341 come out and your car is gone.

Take care.

Comment

Thanks tobee43!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by oregonpilot View Post
                              that is so cool mike. You guys can both relax now. Welcome to the 60 day club
                              Where i had my 341...was in the city council room at the city hall.
                              No security here. Just TONS of signs to turn off your cell phone.
                              Thanks oregonpilot. It would be kinda nice to not have to pass the security, it adds a big pending doom feeling to the whole process.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X