Cannot take it anymore!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot take it anymore!

Today is the 19th and my 60 days is up on the 23rd. I check the pacer every day and nothing.. do trustees really wait until the last possible second to object to something? I dont know how I am going to last 4 more days. My attorney told me awhile ago to expect to go through the ringer.. we had lots of business debt that we are discharging too. Other than an appraisal on our vehichles, we have not heard a peep.

Help

Also, on a serious note, thank you all for your help through this difficult time. The guru's on this board are just awesome (i.e. HHM, Just Broke and Tom from Colo)

Jen

Hi Jen,

Isn't the waiting the hardest part?! They say no news is good news but it nearly drove me nuts....

Hang in there!

Tom in Colo
    Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

Jen, my 60 days was actually 61 due to the weekend (as your will be). In my case, PACER wasn't updated with a Notice of Discharge until the following Tuesday, over a week later. The case closed on that Friday, however - I was told to expect a longer wait. I am also in AZ.

So, I know it is tough to wait, but if you have to check PACER, do so once a day, in the late afternoon. I believe these are processed in batches as the staff gets around to it.

Comment

Originally posted by jenbow View Post
        Today is the 19th and my 60 days is up on the 23rd. I check the pacer every day and nothing..
        Actually, this means that your 60 days is up on the 24th due the weekend.

The UST usually doesn't wait until the last day to spring bad news. Generally speaking, the UST would have already notified you or your attorney that they wanted additional documentation or did not like your expenses, income, petition, etc. Now, if the UST did become interested in your case and already put you and your attorney on notice, they usually do wait until the last day to file the Adversary or an extension.

Basically, if you have heard nothing from the United States Trustee (UST) from day one until now... you're not going to hear from them!

Best wishes!
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X