submitting Debtor Ed course

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

submitting Debtor Ed course

I have completed my debtor education course. I have submitted the certificate to my lawyer. He as not acknowledged receiving it. I have made several attempts to get in touch with him with no luck. Can I send it to the clerk of courts myself? It is day 33 and I don't want to risk it not being filed when I completed it on time.

Thanks
    Kevin

Sending it to the Clerk requires Official Form 23. It only needs be filed before the discharge, so if you're on Day 33 after the 341 Meeting, there's still almost 4 weeks left to file the certificate.

Give contacting your attorney another week. If he doesn't respond, try calling 3-4 times a day until s/he answers. They get annoyed, but... it is likely that his paralegal already filed it in CM/ECF.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Hi kgj,

If you do send it in, make sure you inform your attorney. Maybe give your attorney a polite messge w/ "if you haven't filed it by [date] we will submit it ourselves on [date] just to make sure it gets there/we are worried about it/don't mean to tread on your toes"

In theory the deadline for the class certificate is 60 days post 341, but as justbroke said, getting it in b4 discharge is key.

Tom in Colo
      Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

Tom, what about the certificate of completion (form B23)...I completed my course within a week of my 341 and my attorney filed it the next day, but on PACER the B23 form is blank! In other cases done by my attorney's firm, they filed it a the same time as the course certificate, without debtor's signature. In my case, they filed the course certificate but blank B23...I was discharged a couple of days ago, but not closed. I'm calling attorney tomorrow, but what do you think? thanks!

Comment

Generally, you would have received a "deficiency" notice if the B23 and/or certification wasn't done right.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks Justbroke. I didn't get anything except the discharge notice.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X