Still No Discharge-But Something New

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still No Discharge-But Something New

As those that have followed my story know, I am still in Discharge Limbo. I am now 107 days past the 60 day wait and after hounding my attorneys for an answer, they finally contacted the OUST last week and were told the following.

The OUST pulled my file and found notations on the case indicating all the questions and concerns had been answered and he stated my case should have closed already. (Duh!)

He went on to say the US attorney assigned to my case was no longer with their office and my case fell through the cracks. He was going to reassign it to a new analyst and we should have heard something by yesterday.

I checked PACER today and found this:

"In accordance with the Administrative Order 11-03 dated 1/27/11, this case is hereby reassigned from Judge Ellen Carroll to Judge Mark S Wallace. (Gaffney, Laurie) (Entered: 02/01/2011) "

What does this possibly mean? We are way past the date for anyone to complain and file anything negative reference my case right? Is this just an administrative process before finally getting discharged? I have never seen this before.

Incidentally in looking at the docket no entry has ever been made reference the motion to lift stay on our mortgage on dated November 18th. I have no status on what happened during that hearing or the status of the 707 (b) flag posted at the beginning of the case.

ST
    Filed 7 - 7/8/10, 341 - 8/17/10 - Continued, Presumption of Abuse Filed - 8/27/10
    Report of No Distribution 9/27/10. Discharged 2/7/11 Closed 02/25/1
    10/12 EXP. 681

The reassignment of Judges is purely administrative and coincidental! (see below) If you look tomorrow, it will probably be closed. I'd wait until after 5PM to look.

Effective February 1, 2011, a portion of cases filed at the Riverside Division will be assigned to Bankruptcy Judges Scott C. Clarkson and Mark S. Wallace who will sit in the Santa Ana Division. Judge Mark S. Wallace will also be assigned cases filed in the Santa Ana Division.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks JB! Glad to hear from you. I will check again tomorrow and hopefully soon be seeing the magic word "Discharged." Can't wait to see this BK in the rear view mirror.

ST
      Filed 7 - 7/8/10, 341 - 8/17/10 - Continued, Presumption of Abuse Filed - 8/27/10
      Report of No Distribution 9/27/10. Discharged 2/7/11 Closed 02/25/1
      10/12 EXP. 681

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X