top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ch13 dismissed yesterday, already getting collection calls...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ch13 dismissed yesterday, already getting collection calls...

Just got my letter of ch13 dismissal...already got a collection call this a.m. I guess the calls will be coming now! Should I change my number? I have had this number for almost 8 years...UGH! I am filing chapter 7 May 20th....

why not file now?

Comment

You can tell them that you need to send them a "Cease and Desist" letter and ask where to send it, and who you need to address it to. We sent one to our mortgage company during our foreclosure. It should stop the calls.

(We didn't have an attorney draft ours and it still worked)
      Jen
      "...and how is it that bankruptcy is considered an "easy" way out by some???"

Comment

Hi sassiebaz,

This has worked in the past...put it on a file card you can get out each time they call.

This call will serve as notification per the Fair Debt Collections Act, title 15 section 805 of the US Code and will be recorded for evidence. For the record state your full name, the address of the location from which this call is being made, the name of your immediate supervisor, and the name of the company for which you are employed.

...my bet you will lose them at "state you full name"

Tom in Colo
        Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X