Using tax return to pay atty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using tax return to pay atty?

Ive read several posts about documenting where the cash goes just before filing.
    Were planning to use our tax return to pay our BK atty, in addition to getting a month ahead on our house, and 2 cars, as well as the grocery trip to end all grocery trips. Will this use of funds raise any eyebrows?

well...we were advised to spend our tax return asap by our atty......

we were never asked about it at all by the trustee.....but i think it's because when we filed and we were both unemployed...i don't know since those trustees want that money on certain occasions. we were a "no" asset 7....

we were asked about where the money from one of our 401 went...i said to bills to live and atty fees...no other questions.

since we paid everything on purpose by check so the trustee could check our cash against our income that way no "RED" flags as to where our cash went.

so basically, i think it will depend on your situation.
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Short of using a credit card, no one cares how you pay your attorney. Your legal fees in bankruptcy are considered a necessary, priority expense.

However, be careful about "prepaying" large expenses. Make sure you run that idea by your attorney as not all districts (most districts) do not allow it.
      Last edited by HHM; 02-18-2011, 08:53 PM.

Comment

we would be "prepaying" one month of these three expenses totaling about $1500. As it is right now were nearly a month behind, so this would bring us to the point that we would have the $ in our account from wages about a week before these items was due. Car tags are due this month as well...

Comment

Hi abinok,

Plenty of posters here used the tax refund to pay the BK attorney. Not a problem.

about a week before these items was due. Car tags are due this month as well. ....paying something due next week is not exactly "paying ahead" ...we are talking about you taking three grand and paying til May.

You sound like you are in good shape....well...not sure good shape and BK fit in the same sentence....

Tom in Colo
          Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X