341 tomorrow, ? about income

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 tomorrow, ? about income

My 341 is tomorrow and I haven't gotten my lawyer to answer my questions, so here we go: when I filed I didn't realize that the tax changes meant that we bring home $91 more per month than last year. I also had a decrease in my final tax return that meant my non-exempt part of my return would be approximately $300 less. I wanted to know if we needed to modify this on my schedules prior to my 341 tomorrow? I don't want anyone to a) insist that I owe them more of my return and b) think I lied about my income even though that amount shouldn't put us over by any means. I'm also a little nervous about my expenses going forward as I claimed $1300/month on groceries for a family of 5. I thought that was about right, but this month it was only around $950. It was a short month, and I am in financial shock and unwilling to buy anything expensive at the grocery store...I just didn't know how unreasonable that was. I have three boys, and they eat a lot!
    Filed 1/31/11 341 3/2/11 Waiting for discharge........

well....did you make those changes AFTER the filing???

usually the trustee...if this is a no asset case will go with the paperwork you submitted......although, it does depend on your trustee...

i'm certain you can rid that $91 in your food budget no sweat with 3 growing boys....

keep calling your atty.....it would be and should be reviewed with you what to expect at the 341......

a forum member here...gman....just look up his threads.....he said in on a ton of them....so you can know a bit of what to expect....

i'm sure it will go fine! but i would continue to reach out to your atty.

best of luck and let us know how it goes!!!
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

I'm assuming the tax changes you referred to are the temporary reduction in Social Security which will only last the next 10 months. Also the "making work pay" credit which you may have taken advantage of in 2010 doesn't exist for 2011 so you may be under withholding your federal income taxes. I think the max on the credit was $800 for a family of 4. I agree with tobee your food budget can easily be consumed by 3 growing boys.

Comment

Thanks so much for your help...I feel a little better even though I still can't reach my attorney.
        Filed 1/31/11 341 3/2/11 Waiting for discharge........

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X