top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I go about lighting a fire under my attornies behind to get him moving????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I go about lighting a fire under my attornies behind to get him moving????

I'm currently in Chap 13 and the process took forever because my attorney is so so slow. He's one of those guys that tells you he'll have it done by a certain date and never comes thru. I'm trying to convert to chap 7 now and I've been calling and emailing him for over a month now. I typically get him on the phone each day and each day it's the same thing. "I haven't had a chance to get to it but I promise i'll get to it today" Every day another excuse.

Is there something I can do to complain or to threaten him with that will get him to move off dead center?

Go sit in his office. If it's really that bad, and while I cringe saying this because I understand the implications, contact the Trustee's office and let them know that you had a decrease in income, and your attorney hasn't done anything in months about it.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
      Go sit in his office.
      I agree. Get a day that you know he is there, go late in the evening, and just sit there. Don't leave until he takes care of you.

Good luck.
      All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
      Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Yeah I think i'm going to have to try that tomorrow. This is just getting ridiculous.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X