Creditor left off PACER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creditor left off PACER

After reading some of the stories here I went through my BK petition very carefully …again. I noticed that my biggest dept… a collection agency was left off the Schedule F (creditors holding unsecured non priority claims). The Credit union which I had my 2nd on my foreclosed house sent me to collections. The Credit union is listed but not the collection agency. The collection agency is listed on the Master Mailing list to inform them of my BK.
    Is this going to cause me a problem? I don’t want to owe them after this is all done. Really they are the ones that pushed me into a BK they wanted the $60,000 back even though the bank took my house. They threatened me with a lawsuit so that is why I had to BK
    Filed 3/1/11.... 341 done!!! 4/22/11 sixty day club

No, no problems, and this is standard. Many attorneys, and the actual BK software that they use, will add "NOTIFICATION ONLY" creditors to the Mailing Matrix and keep them off the Schedules. (Actually, it's a checkbox in Best Case.) Keeps it clean if you ask me.

For pro se filers, I always tell them to list every creditor, because pro se filers are usually doing this all by hand and not with a computer. So long as all those creditors are notified, that's fine. That the original debt is listed on the Schedules, means that it will be discharged (unless otherwise non-dischargeable under 11 USC 523).

Hope that helps!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks it does help.....
      Filed 3/1/11.... 341 done!!! 4/22/11 sixty day club

Comment

Not an issue. The important thing is to make sure the collection agency is notified. So long as the collection agency is on the mailing matrix, your good.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X