Traveling while waitng for 341

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traveling while waitng for 341

I have filed 3/1/11,....341 set for 4/22. I am going to see my son in CO in april (he bought me the airline ticket). I want to rent a car. I found on Hotwire $34 for 3 days. Great price but I have to use my dept card. Will the trustee bust me for traveling while filing for BK..... This is soooo streefull everything I seem to worry about. I am so thankful I found this site, I would be more of a basket case!!!!lol
    Filed 3/1/11.... 341 done!!! 4/22/11 sixty day club

Shouldn't be a problem to rent a car for a few days for that price. The trustee would be more inclined to take exception to you taking a trip overseas for a few weeks. Go, enjoy yourself, and don't think about the bk or the 341 for a few days
    Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

NICE deal!!!
      Have a great trip.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

i agree with the PP....we had to travel also...but it was for surgery....we had to fly also and stay at a hotel for 10 days while i healed...and we also visited our son...(wish HE brought the tickets tho..)

the trustee did not question the charges on our debit card at all...especially since my illness was one of the main reasons we filed.
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
          ...the trustee did not question the charges on our debit card at all...especially since my illness was one of the main reasons we filed.
          Sorry to hear about your illness tobee.
          May I ask though, when you say the trustee didn't even question the charges, did (s)he ask about the travel charges and you advised it was for surgery so the trustee moved on? Did the trustee not even ask about them as (s)he knew about your illness beforehand? Or did the trustee simply didn't seem to care about the traveling charges? I'm curious as I will be filing 4/19 and traveling from 4/22 thru 5/6. So I'd think when I have to give a snapshot of the bank account as of 341-date it would definitely show some travel charges.
          Chapter 7 Filed: 04/21/2011... 341 Meeting: 06/01/2011... Report of No Distribution: 06/01/11... Discharged & Closed: 08/04/2011

Comment

Your filing date is the date to be concerned about. That is when you are providing info/statements for the trustee to review. That is the only banking information that I gave the my attorney and the trustee.
            All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
            Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Originally posted by Dmax View Post
              Sorry to hear about your illness tobee.
              May I ask though, when you say the trustee didn't even question the charges, did (s)he ask about the travel charges and you advised it was for surgery so the trustee moved on? Did the trustee not even ask about them as (s)he knew about your illness beforehand? Or did the trustee simply didn't seem to care about the traveling charges? I'm curious as I will be filing 4/19 and traveling from 4/22 thru 5/6. So I'd think when I have to give a snapshot of the bank account as of 341-date it would definitely show some travel charges.
              actually, the trustee knew in advance......as we had filed with over 200k worth of medical bills...(most all on our charge cards..) but we had in hand all charges just "in case" someone thought we were taking trips around the world and buying mink coats....while scheduling my 341 the trustee's office actually worked it around my surgery schedules....they were really nice...something i did not expect. although, we had an atty, the trustee's office would send us email via the law firm for us to answer and then we would respond....so by the time of our 341 the trustee pretty much knew what was going on with us.

we gave them all bank statement for the 6 months asked for...however, we were ready to produce the last 3 years if needed....we were extremely consistant with our expenses and you could see the 10 hotel stay during surgery.....matching the dates of the hospitization...etc.

and thanks...i'm doing much better....we also produced ALL the doctors bills......even though our atty said it was not needed...(at the time our petition was submiitted) which was a pain for the law firm since it couldn't be an "auto" submit petition.....however, the trustee office even expressed how they appreciated the great record keeping and it helped answer any question about our situation.

so it did work out for us........as long as one has all their records.....and don't ever go close to anything but the truth....anyone will be go to go!!!
              8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Glad to hear you're doing much better tobee. For some reason I thought I had read you were in FL. I'm in the Middle District and my attorney told me all except one trustee ask for 2-months bank statements, and the one other trustee asks for 3-months. You were actually asked for 6 months? Wow. That could be a game-changer in my case. I did some traveling over the Christmas/New Year's holidays that show some definite vacation-type spending. Hence the main reason for waiting to file until April.

Yikes! Of course if your 6-month request was not in FL then I'm getting ahead of myself here
                Chapter 7 Filed: 04/21/2011... 341 Meeting: 06/01/2011... Report of No Distribution: 06/01/11... Discharged & Closed: 08/04/2011

Comment

Originally posted by Dmax View Post
                  Glad to hear you're doing much better tobee. For some reason I thought I had read you were in FL. I'm in the Middle District and my attorney told me all except one trustee ask for 2-months bank statements, and the one other trustee asks for 3-months. You were actually asked for 6 months? Wow. That could be a game-changer in my case. I did some traveling over the Christmas/New Year's holidays that show some definite vacation-type spending. Hence the main reason for waiting to file until April.
                  Yikes! Of course if your 6-month request was not in FL then I'm getting ahead of myself here

i'm in the middle district and yes, we were asked for 2 years of tax returns and 6 months of bank statements.......( we did provide 3 years because i wanted the trustee to see what happend to our "earned" income)....again, my atty wasn't happen, but the trustees office...we actually moved from nj and went "underground" for two years to be able to file here in florida and take the wild card exemption.....it was a LONG hard wait...that's for sure!

also, we had a very complex situation with properties....and weird odd things....so we were absolutely NOT the "norm"...so please do not fret over it.......i'm sure you'll be fine.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X