top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone heard of getting discharged BEFORE the 60 days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone heard of getting discharged BEFORE the 60 days?

I had my 341 back in January and in three days it will have been 60 days.

I keep going to the mailbox every day, hoping.

I remember at the 341 I overhead a lawyer telling his client (outside the courtroom) that in our district, the court has actually been sending out the discharge papers early, as in *before* the 60 days are up.

So of course I was hoping I would get my papers early.

But now I'm wondering, it seems odd to me... legally can they discharge you before the 60 days are up?

It would seem unlikely to me in that creditors have 60 days to raise an objection.

Comment

There are timelines in place for everything involving a bk. While the time may go longer, it does not go shorter.
      All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
      Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

I agree, the creditors have 60 days after the 341, so really it can't be discharged early. In fact, my case was discharged and closed like 3 weeks too early due to a court error. Since I watched Pacer, I notified my attorney of this, the court had to have a judge court order to open the case back up. Then, when it was time for discharge, nothing happened. I waited a few weeks and contacted my attorney by email and within a half hour we were discharged and closed.
        Filed Ch 7: 11/2010 and 03/2011 and closed

Comment

you might be getting confused a bit...there are two documents you rec....one the discharge and one the order of no asset or a release of the estate by the trustee... the law is clear in as far as allowing creditors up to 60 days to file an objection to your discharge.

we rec'd both docs on day 62 in the mail... i know it seems a LONG time...but it will be over soon.
          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X