top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I list all my credit cards, even the closed ones...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do I list all my credit cards, even the closed ones...

Hi,
    I am getting all my paperwork filled out and in the process of filing for BK and wanted to know do I need to list all credit cards that I have ever had? CCs that are closed or that have a 0 balance? I had a credit card with a company that doesn't even exist, so I'm guessing I can't list that one! lol My credit report did not show all my CCs, at least I don't think they are on there, some CCs on there are hard to determine where they are from.
    Also, if I have paid all my medical bills but something should show up while in BK, will that effect the BK process? I intend to pay my medical bills. This is all very confusing!
    Thank you to all on here!

If you have a credit card with a zero balance, it's not a debt. No reason to list it.
    Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

i had to FIGHT with our atty about this question. that particular firm insisted to list zero balance accounts, closed past accounts...and i made them take them off of the petition.

not that it really meant anything one way or another, since even cards with zero balances were immediately closed (or more accurately, within 3 months) after we filed for bk.
      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by mzbunny26 View Post
        Hi,
        I am getting all my paperwork filled out and in the process of filing for BK and wanted to know do I need to list all credit cards that I have ever had? CCs that are closed or that have a 0 balance? I had a credit card with a company that doesn't even exist, so I'm guessing I can't list that one! lol My credit report did not show all my CCs, at least I don't think they are on there, some CCs on there are hard to determine where they are from.
        Also, if I have paid all my medical bills but something should show up while in BK, will that effect the BK process? I intend to pay my medical bills. This is all very confusing!
        Thank you to all on here!

I didn't list closed accounts with 0 balances - I viewed it this way, why take an account in good standing and take it to a IIB standing. If it's closed with a (-) history you can always dispute after the BK discharges. IMHO
        Filed Pro Se: 11.12.2010 ~ 341: 1.12.2011 ~ Discharged: 3.9.2011 ~ Officially an Asset Case: 3.30.2011 ~ Last Day to File Asset Claim: 6.28.2011 ~ Trustee Final Report: 8.1.2011 ~ Asset Distribution: 8.31.2011 ~ Case Close: 11.15.2011

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X