No announcement yet.

Woo Hoo I'm filing!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We owe 235,000 and our home is 5 yrs old, A house in our sub alittle bigger than ours, sold at auction for 59,000 a few days ago, so we are way updown. We have 133 homes here in our sub and over 100have been short saled or forclosed. Our Mortgage Company is Bank of A and second Greentree. Greentree actually came out and put a letter on our door harrassing us. First few months we got loan mod papers delivered every few weeks. The latest thing we got was invitation to a forum in orlando to help us from the bank.
    right. They got bailed out by government. We make too much money to get Modification on mortgage. But we just ignore the calls and letters. We see it as throwing money down the drain. These banks are so overwhelmed by forclosures. I would think we have at least a year or 2 before auction to move. My stepson has moved out of his home in Dade City in Jun 2007 and stopping paying for to sell ,and moved to GA. He bought it for 110, He got a buyer in 2008 short sale 50,000. the bank refused it. So they finally sent him a forclosure letter june 2009, nothing since then, It sits there over 2 acres and house on Whitlachoochee River. No forclosure yet. These banks are overloaded.
    chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

I think you'll be fine on the house. We filed the third week in January, and hadn't paid Jan.'s mortgage yet. We did catch it up just a few days after filing, and before the 30 day mark though. I would think if you file and get at least March's payment in before you hit 60 days on that, you'll not encounter any issues.

Congrats on filing! You're going to feel like the weight of the world has been lifted off your shoulders when you do!!

Comment

Well if the govt shuts down I will have to put off my filing yet AGAIN!!!

I don't know how we will manage on one paycheck
        "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy03 View Post
          Well if the govt shuts down I will have to put off my filing yet AGAIN!!!

I don't know how we will manage on one paycheck
          Can you file w/in the two weeks that the fed courts will stay up and running with their "fee" income?? IN other words, can your atty move up your filing date? IF there is a shutdown...my personal feeling (whatever that may be worth) is that they'll "shut down" for the weekend and MAYBE Monday, and have something done w/in ONE week.

Comment

Originally posted by IamOld View Post
            Can you file w/in the two weeks that the fed courts will stay up and running with their "fee" income?? IN other words, can your atty move up your filing date? IF there is a shutdown...my personal feeling (whatever that may be worth) is that they'll "shut down" for the weekend and MAYBE Monday, and have something done w/in ONE week.
            If the govt shuts down my husband will not get paid so I won't have the money to pay the attorney. Hopefully if there is a shut down it's as quick as possible.
            "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

If the govt shuts down my husband will not get paid so I won't have the money to pay the attorney. Hopefully if there is a shut down it's as quick as possible.
              Dear God - Rome is burning while the Neros of DC are fiddling! That's absolutely horrible. And this time they're talking about NOT reimbursing ee's for the missed paychecks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by IamOld View Post
                Dear God - Rome is burning while the Neros of DC are fiddling! That's absolutely horrible. And this time they're talking about NOT reimbursing ee's for the missed paychecks!!!
                What sucks is that he still has to work. They did say that he would get paid for time worked but who knows when.

Comment

Congrats on the filing date Freddy. I hope to be filed before the end of next week. Atty has all the paperwork and now just waiting to hear on when to sign. LOl........has to be before the 15th because if not, here comes a judgement on my house.

Hopefully, we will both see a discharge around the same time...........!
                  Filed CH 7 4/15/11
                  341 5/23/11
                  DISCHARGED & CLOSED ON 7/27/11

Comment

FREDDY!!!!!!! whopppppppppeeeeeeee.....

sorry ....i know the site was down all day yesterday here.. so i didn't see this.

i'm so glad you are doing this now, you were getting way too stressed and i really think this is for the best. you will so relieved and i can't wait until this is ALL behind you!
                    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
                      FREDDY!!!!!!! whopppppppppeeeeeeee.....

sorry ....i know the site was down all day yesterday here.. so i didn't see this.

i'm so glad you are doing this now, you were getting way too stressed and i really think this is for the best. you will so relieved and i can't wait until this is ALL behind you!
                      Me too!! As long as there is not govt shutdown then I'll be good to go for the 25th

Comment

Freddy you are in my thoughts. Hope this is gonna work out for you.
                        filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
                        "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

Don't mean to hijack your post, Freddy, but just wanted to chime in with you and sunshinepa and say I will be filing soon too- within the next 2 weeks. Was supposed to last month, but ended up in the hospital and missed 4 days of work, which made it impossible to pay our final installment to the lawyer at that point. The closer we get with this the more nervous I get. I know I have researched my brain out and that we are making the right decision, it just is scary for it to be real. There are a few uncertain things in our case (we will be a month behind on our first and 2nd mortgage when we fille), and I almost feel like I am putting us in a lions den and who knows what will happen!

Comment

Originally posted by oregonpilot View Post
                            Freddy you are in my thoughts. Hope this is gonna work out for you.
                            Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by sealpup View Post
                              Don't mean to hijack your post, Freddy, but just wanted to chime in with you and sunshinepa and say I will be filing soon too- within the next 2 weeks. Was supposed to last month, but ended up in the hospital and missed 4 days of work, which made it impossible to pay our final installment to the lawyer at that point. The closer we get with this the more nervous I get. I know I have researched my brain out and that we are making the right decision, it just is scary for it to be real. There are a few uncertain things in our case (we will be a month behind on our first and 2nd mortgage when we fille), and I almost feel like I am putting us in a lions den and who knows what will happen!
                              Well I've come to the point that I don't care if they want to take my house if I'm 30 days late. I'm pretty sure they won't and can't come after use for 30 days. I'll try the best I can to get caught up. That's all I can do.

Comment

Me too!! As long as there is not govt shutdown then I'll be good to go for the 25th
                                i hear you!! those darn people.....vote already! i don't think they it will happend with the government shut down...unless they all expect to get voted out...( and while THE still collect THEIR salaries)...don't get me started...LOL!!!!!!!

i'll be praying for you!
                                8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X