Buying property?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying property?

How soon after filing can you buy property?

We may have the ability to buy a parcel of land here shortly. Can you do it as soon as the 341 is over or should you wait until after the discharge or does the case need to be closed to be on the safe side?

Me? I wouldn't change a darn thing about my assets or such while in the midst of a bk. Wait until after you've closed.
    Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
    I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
      Me? I wouldn't change a darn thing about my assets or such while in the midst of a bk. Wait until after you've closed.
      100% agreement from me on this one.
      All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
      Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Closing can take a long time in some cases, but the REAL date that matters is the date of DISCHARGE. Anything after discharge should be okay.
        11-20-09-- Filed Chapter 7
        12-23-09-- 341 Meeting-Early Christmas Gift?
        3-9-10--Discharged

Comment

Well, as it stands right now, we are a no asset case. Our BK attorney said that in my area the discharge and closing date were generally the same day so I guess I'll wait. I've got a couple more weeks before the 341 so it won't be too much longer hopefully. I just want to get this part behind me and get to work on turning over that new leaf so to speak. I don't actually have a set piece of land to buy but I've got several that I want to inquire about and see if I can negotiate a deal. I just didn't want to get the cart before the horse and work something out and then it fall through because of the timing.

Thanks guys!

Comment

we waited just under two years, however, if the opportunity had arisen sooner, we would have waited at least a few months after discharge. why??? no clue, it's just a personal decision, since we were after all discharged.
            8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X