top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can the trustee dismiss my case "just b/c"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can the trustee dismiss my case "just b/c"?

I've been wondering if the trustee can decide he wants to dismiss my case "just because", for whatever reason. Like he gets mad that we spent the tax refund and so trumps up a reason to make it so I can't get a discharge. Or is it a numbers thing -- if the numbers, etc fit the formula, you get it no matter what they think?
    Filed 5/31/11 341 & Report of No Distribution 7/28/11 Discharged & Closed!! 9/29/11
    "What I won't accept or buy any longer is that my credit score defines who I am. Screw that."

The trustee cannot dismiss your case at all. He has to petition the court to dismiss and he has to have a reason supported by the law and the facts of your case. If you object to the petition for dismissal, it's the judge who decides whether your case should be dismissed.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

try to stay as invisible as possible to the trustee. send payments on time. return any paper work requested asap. if it says you must forfeit your tax return you best better. you will pay it any way might as will be with out pissing him off. if you are not sure if you have to forfeit your tax return and don't want to jest hand it over then hold on to it do not cash it wait till thanksgiving and spend it on things that you needed like repairs, parts, ect . keep receipts and pray.

.not legal advice. it tcould get you into deep shIt but it may be a way to keep the money or at least a sad story to give the trustee if he asks about it after its gone

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
        The trustee cannot dismiss your case at all. He has to petition the court to dismiss and he has to have a reason supported by the law and the facts of your case. If you object to the petition for dismissal, it's the judge who decides whether your case should be dismissed.
        What she said.
        All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
        Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X