When will the CCs go to collections?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When will the CCs go to collections?

With my Chapter 7 filing coming up in July, I stopped making CC payments 3 weeks ago. I will not be 90 days late on any cards before the filing, but I'm concerned that the debts will go to a collection agency before then, which may mean trying to contact family to find me. I have decided not to return calls/letters as I do not see the benefit. I have retained a lawyer who advised me not to communicate with them prior to filing.

Thanks in advance!

If I remember correctly, the internal calls from the cc's started soon after the first payment and definitely after the second. Don't remember when the external calls started but I'm thinking not before 90 days.

Comment

i can only relay our personal expereince. we paid our cc's up until the time we filed.

this is what we found happened as a result:

our credit scores were 690 and 695 because we didn't give the CC companies time enough to report. the usual time is 90 days, or so we were told. however, since we were up to date, then filed, then they were notified of the stay, they could do nothing. hence, no time to report...(that worked out well for us in the end).

BUT....it must have been maybe 3 days after we missed our first payment BUT before the CC's rec'd the notice from the court and i'm telling you the phone was going 24/7.

having said that, once you decide to go through this process, just perpare yourself that you may get a call or two or ten or hundred. either turn the phone off and don't answer it, that may just stop some added stress you may experience during this time. don't worry about the creditors sending the accounts to any collection agency, if they do, just list both the agency and the creditor, which is what we did, just to cover all basis, even tho, it was the same debt.
      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X