Self filed Chapter 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Self filed Chapter 7

I tried to file 2 years ago but after $3000 in cash to the attorney and they still wanted more I could not afford to go on so they cancelled my claim or whatever you call it before they even filed.

Now several credit card companies are sueing me.

So this time I used forms from an online company. I had several businesses that are now closed. I now work for one of the companies that I owned 5 years ago.

Its going to be a long road!!

Best wishes to you!

Comment

Good luck.
      All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
      Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

They just sent me a letter stating that self filers are held to the same standards as lawyers and are expected to know what to do at all times or the case will be dropped. The asked for "legal property description and permanant plat number" of my mortgage and "Employee records".

Non of their 57 page local rules address any of this.

I am sending a copy of the survey and all the info that the recorders office has about my property and a copy of my last pay stub.

Comment

Good luck, doesn't sound like you have a simple case, so your treading in water that is 20 feet deep without a life vest, hopefully you can make it to shore.
          Last edited by HHM; 05-19-2011, 05:58 AM.

Comment

i know this is a difficult time and you had a bad experience with you last atty. however, maybe you just may want try and step out this situation for a moment and think about what's best for you.

honestly NOT all atty's are terrible, ours was excellent. we had to interview 5 of them, but we found an atty that we felt comfortable with. we had complex problems and although i had even worked in the legal field, personally, i would not be penny wise and dollar foolish, since i really needed someone to "cover" our backs.

i wish you the best of luck, but just a personally suggestions, and that is, to rethink hiring a GOOD atty. they are out there...promise!
            8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

I would love the help of a good attorney!!

If anyone has used a good one in NE ohio - I am all ears.

Comment

Originally posted by Benchracer52 View Post
                I would love the help of a good attorney!!

If anyone has used a good one in NE ohio - I am all ears.
                we went through a referral on the federal bk site...and i printed out a list and went down it one by one. darn!! i don't have the web address anymore. however, most ALL bk atty's give FREE consults. i would start asking and looking around. shoot tho, i wish i could find that site for you because it was recommended by the actual fed bk courts.

now that i think about it the site was provided by CCC when they were still in business. because we wanted to see if they could get us in a program and they did provide the site with atty's in our area that were recommended by the courts.

....try this.....http://www.uscourts.gov/FederalCourt...ounselors.aspx

Approved Credit Counseling Agencies and Debtor Education Providers...see if you can locate your state and i would call them and ask them to email you some info with atty referrals...hope that helps a bit!!
                Last edited by tobee43; 05-12-2011, 06:03 AM.
                8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Update: Dropped off all the property info I could come up with including a copy of the property survey, copy of last payment stub, and copy of last to 2 payroll stubs. They also sent a letter asking for a copy of my 2010 income tax return. I never filed and dont have the money to file. I typed up a paper stating that.

341 hearing set for June 23rd

Comment

You can file electronically for free as long as your Adjusted Gross Income is less than $58,000 = go to the IRS.GOV website for info. Different companies on the website also have some age criteria so read carefully.Not a good idea to not file the return -

Comment

Spoke with an Attorney today - told him the whole thing and he claimed I should not sweat it - claimed I was doing fine but that he would jump in and help anytime I needed him. He did send me to an accountant to get some of the IRS stuff handled.

He did say the one business that is beeing sued right now but has been closed for over 2 years - there would be a judgment brought against it and there would be a debters meeting with the court to determine assets for the corp. Basicly I could hand them the check book for that corp with the $100 that is in that account and that would be it as the personal BK would protect me.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X