Questions about filing and court

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about filing and court

My husband and I signed off the final papers for filing Chapter 7 almost 3 weeks ago. We were told that the court should mail us paperwork within two weeks informing us of our court date. Well it's been almost 3 weeks and no contact from the court. Does this sound normal?
    Also, we were told that all phone calls should stop immediately after filing. We are still getting 10 to 20 calls a day from various creditors. We just don't answer the phone. Aren't those calls supposed to stop after filing too?

I'm so confused about the process of this.
    Thanks for reading and your help.

Answer your phone and tell the creditors you are filling BK and give them your atty's phone #.

Comment

have you spoken to your attorney and did he give you a case number? i went through several signs and reviews and phone calls to ensure he filed. he took a long time as his office was back logged.

Comment

I think daxtell is right. It sounds like your BK has not been filed. While some call may continue while creditors update your records, they should of decreased significantly. Call your attorney. You could also get a Pacer account and run a search to see if your petition was filed.
        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X