Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The amount you filed for chapter 7?

What was the debt on your chapter 7?

I filed with 12k and got some funny looks in the court house anyone ever file for less then that?

Filing in August.

62K in CC's
    195K primary mortgage
    120K rental property mortgage.

Comment

400K variety pack.
      There are two secrets for success in life:
      1.) Never tell everything you know.

Comment

We had $75k in farm/business debt
        $20k in medical
        $5k CC
        $5k misc (utilities etc from farm property)
        Discharged Ch 7 9/10/08
        Livin' the GOOD life

Comment

A little over 50k, all credit card debt.
          Decided on Chapter 7: October 13, 2010; Retained Attorney: October 20, 2010; Filed Chapter 7: February 4, 2011; 341 Meeting: March 23, 2011; Discharged: May 24, 2011

Comment

Around $35k mixed bag of medical bills and credit card debt.

I think it's very important to stress to people who are considering filing that the amount of debt is not the only criteria to consider when filing. If you had $12k in debt and you were feeling like you'd never see the end of it, had judgements pending, etc. then you made the business decision YOU felt you needed to make. It's hard to use others debt amounts as a measuring stick. All of the factors such as total debt, income, expenses, age, etc. are all to be considered when making the final decision to file, in my humble opinion.

ETA: health is also a very important factor. Stress can wreak havoc on a body. It's all relative.
            Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

About 25K in credit card debt, maybe 3k in various other debt, 24K car note

To each his own, if you are unable to pay, you are unable to pay, regardless if it's 12K or 120K.
              Chapter 7 Filed: 04/21/2011, 341 Meeting: 05/31/2011, Report of No Distrubution: 06/02/2011, Discharged: 08/03/2011, Closed: 08/10/11

Comment

Originally posted by disconapper View Post
                About 25K in credit card debt, maybe 3k in various other debt, 24K car note

To each his own, if you are unable to pay, you are unable to pay, regardless if it's 12K or 120K.
                I agree completely. While I find it 'interesting' in the broadest sense as to the amounts some people were living with prior to BK, I still cannot agree more with you in that 12K or 120K (or any number) is important to only one person: he or she who has that debt.
                Decided on Chapter 7: October 13, 2010; Retained Attorney: October 20, 2010; Filed Chapter 7: February 4, 2011; 341 Meeting: March 23, 2011; Discharged: May 24, 2011

Comment

Originally posted by pikaroth View Post
                  I agree completely. While I find it 'interesting' in the broadest sense as to the amounts some people were living with prior to BK, I still cannot agree more with you in that 12K or 120K (or any number) is important to only one person: he or she who has that debt.

$88,800 all in Creidt Card Dedt
                  over $30k Citi bank
                  Over $20k Chase
                  and other creidt cards
                  For a Total of $88,800
                  DISCHARGED!!!!
                  5/18/2011

Comment

Originally posted by bearzdb View Post
                    I filed with 12k and got some funny looks in the court house anyone ever file for less then that?
                    12K is almost twice your annual income. For a median income debtor in your state, it's the equivalent of 92K.

Definitely a worthy amount of debt to discharge.
                    There are two secrets for success in life:
                    1.) Never tell everything you know.

Comment

125K all cc.
                      +125K Unsecured so far. Change your cellphone#, give all creditors your Google Voice#, and turn on the "do not disturb." Now enjoy the rest of your day . Thank you Chase: I deal with you last.

Comment

Mine is about 26,000... with $24,000 being because of my ex husband defaulting on the house he got in our divorce.. and they are coming back for the difference from the foreclosure and sheriffs sale. While I have been living fine with my new husband.. this was all unexpected and there was no way in the world we could afford to pay out $24,000 in garnishments over the next several years. So, I'm not ashamed that it's a lower amount. I'll just be glad to get rid of this last tie to my ex husband. It would be more, but I'm reaffirming on my car.

I knew someone who filed on $8,000 once. So, it just depends on your situation, what you make and everything. Don't let anyone make you feel bad for doing what you have to do to get a fresh start!

Comment

We had about 170K when I stopped paying due to job loss (six figures). I was making payments of about $3000 p/mth for the first 9 months after losing job. I feel a little guilty because I could have paid it off using 401k funds. But the law protects it and I used it to my advantage. Right or wrong I sleep alot better now. At 61 I may never find a decent job again.

In the 7 months between stopping payment and filing, the late fees, interest, etc. added over 30K. So we topped 200K.
                          Stopped charging 6-1-10 - Filed 1-25-11 - 341 2-24-11 - Discharged 4-26-11 - Closed 4-29-11
                          Any opinion I give is strictly that! I am not a lawyer.

Comment

395K all credit card

Comment

640k First Lien
                              105k Second
                              135k CC

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X