Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

approximately 400k

student loans (not discharged) 100k+
    mortgage 110k+ (discharged but still paying due to lien, home worth 140k+)
    credit cards 120k+
    lines of credit 50k+

Some was business debt personally guaranteed

Comment

125K 4 CC
      300 2 RE loans

been delaying filing for 2 years
      obviously should do it

Comment

Almost $800K in Mortgages, HELOC, Student Loan Debt (although was not discharged), Business Debt, Credit Cards and Line of Credit.

Comment

As everyone said; no matter the total it will always equals peace of mind, I was 41K cc and 11 auto loan.
          Filed Pro Se: 11.12.2010 ~ 341: 1.12.2011 ~ Discharged: 3.9.2011 ~ Officially an Asset Case: 3.30.2011 ~ Last Day to File Asset Claim: 6.28.2011 ~ Trustee Final Report: 8.1.2011 ~ Asset Distribution: 8.31.2011 ~ Case Close: 11.15.2011

Comment

The $$$ amount is almost irrelevant - the numbers that really do matter to me are my blood pressure, cholesterol, financial safety net, and the hours of restful sleep I get. All have changed for the better. Hey, when you are staring into the abyss, you will know it - all you have to do is make the right choices. What counts is what you do AFTER discharge.

But, for those who are interested in trivia, we actually had to wait until we were just able to slide under the maximum legal limits - about $1.12 million, which included 2 homes, about $140k in credit cards, and a few other small items.

FYI - did not reaffirm mortgages. Continue to pay on one (actually my mother's house) and are now almost at Month 11 with no payment on the other (primary residence). Still no Notice of Default, which is a 90 day warning in AZ. At this rate we may well make it to Christmas. Stashing about $2000 a month in savings and investment account, and have a rental lined up for when/if we ever get asked to leave.

Comment

ours was just a hair over $300k, all unsecured cc's and some medical bills. from the time you default, wow, the bal just explodes. we were at i think $180k, and in about 2 years, yeppers, about $100k in interest and fees...on CREDIT CARDS. kinda hard to fanthom.
              Filed Ch 7. Jan 14th 2011. 341 Feb. 24th 2011. DISCHARGED April 26th 2011. Closed May 10th, 2011. Huge weight off our shoulders! Scores as of 5/14/11 : TU-639, EQ-642, EXP-602

Comment

My filing debt was only $30K, all plastic, but with my salary cut in half due to the economy, no good future prospects, there was no way I could keep paying even the min payments, especially after they all raised my interest to over 20% on my cards and increased the min payments. Its all in the numbers...

Comment

Just going from rough memory, because I honestly don't remember because we filed so long ago.
                  ~ $32K student loan and about $35K IRS debt - all will surive if we discharge.
                  ~ $40K credit card debt
                  ~ $2k state and local taxes (also survive)
                  ~ $11K unsecured vehicle from repo balance
                  ~ $28K secured vehicle (giving it up, only worth about $10K)

Grand total $148K, $81K dischargeable.
                  Ch 13 filed 06/22/09. Dismissed,thankfully, 03/31/10. Ch 7 filed 06/28/10. 341 07/29/10. UST POA 08/06/10. UST mot to dismiss hearing extended to Dec...Feb...March...May...Aug. UST withdrawal of dismissal filed 05/31! DISCHARGED 07/12/2011!

Comment

About $350K - from CCs, mortgages and auto-loans.
                    Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
                    FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
                    FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

me too

Comment

I owed about 25K in cc debt. I also have about 9K in student loan debt, though of course that wasn't discharged.

Comment

$40K
                          It was credit card debt which had included some dental and medical in there. There was a judgment brought against me and there was no hope of ever getting another raise. (not to due to my own fault). It was a tough decision to make. But you know, the amount is not what matters, because we are not all in the same place.

I know someone who filed for under $20K. She works in a factory at minimum wage and was not capable of holding a job which would bring in more money. (low IQ and psychological problems). No one really need know if you filed or not. If they really want to know, they can find that out, but most people don't care.

Comment

Mine was about 12k as well. However I also had about 30k in student loan debt that could not be discharged. My annual income was about 14k or so and I had been sued, so they were about to garnish my wages. Really didn't have much of a choice.

Comment

Total about 400K

ours was higher than that 250K SBA loan, vendors and business credit cards. We then surrendered our house $180K
                              Filed Ch. 7 on 3/9/11
                              341 scheduled 4/18/11
                              DISCHARGED 6/20/11

Comment

My papers say 52k and change. I need to add it all up to see where it came from b/c that seems high, but after fees and penalties, who knows.
                                Filed 5/31/11 341 & Report of No Distribution 7/28/11 Discharged & Closed!! 9/29/11
                                "What I won't accept or buy any longer is that my credit score defines who I am. Screw that."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X